ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Collection's on delivery

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Collection's on delivery

Post by gb93 »

Is everybody throughout country still doing collections whilst on delivery.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
mjt120
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 53
Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
Gender: Male

Collection's on delivery

Post by mjt120 »

Yes I'm still doing mine.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Collection's on delivery

Post by centenaryman »

ye we`ve got someone on overtime emptying them in the morning,,,,,,we empty on delivery.....and they empty again in an evening,,,,the boxes we empty on delivery havnt got much in,,,,,not surprised the amount of times there emptied
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Collection's on delivery

Post by gary1975 »

Yes
postmanplod69
Posts: 146
Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 21:52
Location: at my frame

Collection's on delivery

Post by postmanplod69 »

Yes and seems its just once a day no extra collections or a sunday one, yesterday all 4 boxes my partner and i do were full,yet when i was out on sunday different delivery office seen a box being emptied and looked like hardly any mail in there.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Collection's on delivery

Post by robbertwhitton »

Yes I clear 1 box now and drive past4! they get cleared @4pm,no collection s/a at weekend this year at xmas so Monday the Mail was ........... yep sticking out the top!! You couldn't write this stuff
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Collection's on delivery

Post by Chewster »

I clear one box, there is another on my round which I don't have to empty for some reason. The one I do empty only gets emptied once a day, and I only have to do it on weekdays, it's part of an actual collection duty on Saturday. Don't really see why? I normally empty it around 1pm but it's a "9am or later" collection. If I collect it at 9am then it's not really fair for the people who post stuff after 9 (which is most people I imagine) as then it's essentially as if they posted the item tomorrow.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3341
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Collection's on delivery

Post by Mr Rush »

Chewster wrote:The one I do empty only gets emptied once a day, and I only have to do it on weekdays, it's part of an actual collection duty on Saturday. Don't really see why?
I've been told it's to do with the last van to the MC on Saturdays departing before deliveries are complete.
The machine stops.
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

Collection's on delivery

Post by nickbsmooth »

Yep we are although boxes are empty most the time,I get the feeling the regional mail centre are emptying them as well.