I'm off to the GP tomorrow before work, as it appears I have developed RSI in my right wrist - this was his initial thoughts over the phone. Currently due to xmas pressure I am on packets - so I share half a walk with somebody else in the morning, in the afternoon I deliver the excess packets or sort the corrie and packets from the SA duties. Since I have been doing this my symptoms have settled, not causing me any grief, however when I do my 6th day which is a full trolly round the pain erupts again!
Considering I have only joined Royal Mail 3 months ago, do I need not raise these concerns with my manager as soon as I have confirmation from the GP? or is it a case of grin and bare because it is xmas pressure? There is clear aggravation from doing a full walk + sorting, advice would be appreciated. As I hate rocking the boat so early on
Thank you
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RSI and delivering
-
HarryPoorer
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Gender: Male
RSI and delivering
keep taking the tablets until you get fitter 
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
RSI and delivering
Are you still on probation Kirsty? The risk is if you go off sick due to this rm management may well decide that as a reason to fail the probation :-( we can see from posts on here that is how rm management work..
Good luck. Can youvask to avoid trolly shift until it gets better?
Good luck. Can youvask to avoid trolly shift until it gets better?
-
salomon2
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 07 Jan 2016, 10:27
- Gender: Female
RSI and delivering
It's very normal to get aches and pains in the first few months, I took anti inflammatory to help me. After about 6 months I was fine. Try wearing a support to see if it helps.