ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Collection's on delivery
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Collection's on delivery
Is everybody throughout country still doing collections whilst on delivery.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
mjt120
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 26 Oct 2015, 18:49
- Gender: Male
Collection's on delivery
Yes I'm still doing mine.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Collection's on delivery
ye we`ve got someone on overtime emptying them in the morning,,,,,,we empty on delivery.....and they empty again in an evening,,,,the boxes we empty on delivery havnt got much in,,,,,not surprised the amount of times there emptied
-
postmanplod69
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 04 Sep 2007, 21:52
- Location: at my frame
Collection's on delivery
Yes and seems its just once a day no extra collections or a sunday one, yesterday all 4 boxes my partner and i do were full,yet when i was out on sunday different delivery office seen a box being emptied and looked like hardly any mail in there.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Collection's on delivery
Yes I clear 1 box now and drive past4! they get cleared @4pm,no collection s/a at weekend this year at xmas so Monday the Mail was ........... yep sticking out the top!! You couldn't write this stuff
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Collection's on delivery
I clear one box, there is another on my round which I don't have to empty for some reason. The one I do empty only gets emptied once a day, and I only have to do it on weekdays, it's part of an actual collection duty on Saturday. Don't really see why? I normally empty it around 1pm but it's a "9am or later" collection. If I collect it at 9am then it's not really fair for the people who post stuff after 9 (which is most people I imagine) as then it's essentially as if they posted the item tomorrow.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3341
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Collection's on delivery
I've been told it's to do with the last van to the MC on Saturdays departing before deliveries are complete.Chewster wrote:The one I do empty only gets emptied once a day, and I only have to do it on weekdays, it's part of an actual collection duty on Saturday. Don't really see why?
The machine stops.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Collection's on delivery
Yep we are although boxes are empty most the time,I get the feeling the regional mail centre are emptying them as well.