ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Changes to Magnum shoes?
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Hi
I ordered two pairs of Magnums on separate occasions earlier this year. Both pairs were noticeably tighter in fit compared to the shoes I ordered last year.
Has anyone else had this experience?
I ordered two pairs of Magnums on separate occasions earlier this year. Both pairs were noticeably tighter in fit compared to the shoes I ordered last year.
Has anyone else had this experience?
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Yes I have they seem narrower at the toes
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Changes to Magnum shoes?
I have actually. I had Magnum shoes last, went and ordered Magnum boots this time (the cuffs rub like a bastard) and they do seem a wee bit tighter, maybe just a difference between the shoes and the boots though not sure
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Thanks for your replies. The shoes used to very roomy but feel cramped now.
Perhaps the Cats are better?
Perhaps the Cats are better?
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
-
persil33
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 21 Oct 2009, 20:51
- Gender: Male
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Can't believe you was able to order two pairs of shoes in one year
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Changes to Magnum shoes?
I returned the first pair thinking the bad fit was a one-off and then ordered the second pair.
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Changes to Magnum shoes?
You should be able to order as many pairs as needed. I have 3 or 4 a year. If your DOM/Line manager says you can't order more than 2 a year, then when they are low on thread tell you DOM/Line manager that you can not go on delivery as you are at risk from slips/trips etc, see how that goes down.persil33 wrote:Can't believe you was able to order two pairs of shoes in one year
If it's uniform who are refusing get Rep and DOM involved and also your Area H&S involved. It's been answered in the Courier enough times that if kit is beyond spec then it should be replaced no questions.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Maybe the shoes haven't changed but your feet are fatter now.Chimps_tea_party wrote:Thanks for your replies. The shoes used to very roomy but feel cramped now.
Perhaps the Cats are better?
I find Magnums very comfortable but they only last a few months at best.
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Changes to Magnum shoes?
I miss the cat trainers. Best ones we ever had. The yda and anvil ones offer alot less support and rub
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Why did cats get stopped sophie?
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Cats are still available.
As i normally order them myself i just checked online and they're still on there.
As i normally order them myself i just checked online and they're still on there.
-
Chimps_tea_party
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 17 Sep 2010, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Any difference in the fit?Mezza wrote:Cats are still available.
As i normally order them myself i just checked online and they're still on there.
Retired ex- Royal Mail.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Changes to Magnum shoes?
Feeling a bit bigger to be honest. I get the trainers btw. Helps me as I have insoles for PF.