ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
-
Sbutts8182
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 30 Mar 2013, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
Hi, just wondering had anyone tried splitting there maternity with there partner and did Royal Mail pay the enhanced maternity rate? Those that have tried it would you recommend it?
-
jab0510
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 30 Mar 2012, 18:27
- Gender: Male
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
Yes i did it. i took the last 4 months of the 9. It made sense for us as my wife earns more than me so it would be better for me to receive the statutory pay.
I don't recall any enhanced rate. Although i did work a few Saturdays as a bit extra i think you can work upto 10 shifts as keep in touch days.
I don't recall any enhanced rate. Although i did work a few Saturdays as a bit extra i think you can work upto 10 shifts as keep in touch days.
-
HarryBlessKnapp
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
I phoned HR yesterday and the guy said the opposite. They're idiots at HR, so unhelpful. So just to confirm, you do get paid on top of statutory pay if you do keep in touch days? When did you take your shared maternity leave?jab0510 wrote:Yes i did it. i took the last 4 months of the 9. It made sense for us as my wife earns more than me so it would be better for me to receive the statutory pay.
I don't recall any enhanced rate. Although i did work a few Saturdays as a bit extra i think you can work upto 10 shifts as keep in touch days.
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
We are considering this as well, because my wife earns more than me too. I'm wondering if you can take the first two weeks of the baby being born as the full paid paternity leave, then go back to work while she has 5 months off, then I go off for 3 and a half months on statuatory pay when she goes back?
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
every business I ever worked for you receive the difference between the statutory maternity pay and your daily rate for keeping in touch days.
Example - your stat maternity pay is £27.97 Daily. Your normal daily rate is £100 you will be paid the difference of £72.03p for the keeping in touch day.
Example - your stat maternity pay is £27.97 Daily. Your normal daily rate is £100 you will be paid the difference of £72.03p for the keeping in touch day.
-
Hd624
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 21:19
- Gender: Female
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
Hi, I know this is an old post but I am on maternity leave now, I’ve asked to do KIT days but been told I won’t get paid any extra for this by my line manager. Did you do the KIT days, and if so did you get paid for them? I’ve just started getting SMP and could do with a bit extra. Thanks
-
lightningpostman
- Posts: 271
- Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Split Maternity leave - has anyone tried it?
you should get [aid a normal days wage for days you come in while on maternity.Hd624 wrote:Hi, I know this is an old post but I am on maternity leave now, I’ve asked to do KIT days but been told I won’t get paid any extra for this by my line manager. Did you do the KIT days, and if so did you get paid for them? I’ve just started getting SMP and could do with a bit extra. Thanks
out of curiousity how much is SMP weekly?