ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Taking Specials on a HCT round
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
To those of you who do trolley rounds do you always take Specials and if so when you know you won't get to an address by 1pm do you give it to a driver? Today I had 3 specials I knew I wouldn't get to because it's so busy but the van driver refused to take them so they failed. When I worked in a different office trolley rounds didn't take any Specials or tracked items. Just wondering what you do in your office regarding Specials and HCT rounds.
-
frank doyle
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 11 Dec 2008, 20:51
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Inform the manager ASAP that you will fail so many items of Special Delivery items . And it is up to them to redistribute your specials so they meet Q of S standard . That's what happens in our office , and not just at Christmas .
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
I've been told when I get them from the locker if I can't do it in the time, to say so and that's not an issue. Make sure you tell the manager though.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
In our office, if you do a HCT round and you knew that you couldn't get there for 1pm then obviously a driver has to deliver them.
If the driver refused then your first port of call should obviously be to notify your line manager that you will struggle to deliver them for 1pm on the day. And let the manager make the decision on what you can and can't manage.
If the driver refused then your first port of call should obviously be to notify your line manager that you will struggle to deliver them for 1pm on the day. And let the manager make the decision on what you can and can't manage.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Thanks for your replies. We don't have a manager in our office as we're a little rural office and we don't even sign for our Specials. When I asked the chap to take them he suggested I did the round back to front which wouldn't have made a difference because then other Specials at the beginning of the round would have failed also. In the end I just didn't scan any of them because I knew I wouldn't get there in and got the customer to sign a P379 instead.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Do you carry your Special Delivery items with you at all times? I don't think you are allowed to leave them in the HCT ?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Y
Last edited by 97gaz on 15 Dec 2019, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
This time of year you really should have relief drivers in place so they can do extra packets/Tracked & SPECIALS so they do not fail. If you have informed the line manager or if you can accomadate them and book excess then there shouldn't be a problem.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
I have been in this position, but on a city delivery. Aargued my case at the cage.
If I was in your position I think I would just not sign for them in the first place. But that is easier said than done.
If I was in your position I think I would just not sign for them in the first place. But that is easier said than done.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
According to RM Delivery Equipment Security Procedure (it's in the downloads board), even in low risk area where you can leave HCT unattended for max 10 mins, SD itemsA2B wrote:Do you carry your Special Delivery items with you at all times? I don't think you are allowed to leave them in the HCT ?
should be removed but not sure whether this is just for the old style canvas sided HCT's or applies to the newer plastic sided ones as the document is dated 2010.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Says in his post that they don't sign the Specials outenskied wrote:I have been in this position, but on a city delivery. Aargued my case at the cage.
If I was in your position I think I would just not sign for them in the first place. But that is easier said than done.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Am confused - why are you getting them to sign a 739 and not a P4550 card/sheet?Barbel wrote:Thanks for your replies. We don't have a manager in our office as we're a little rural office and we don't even sign for our Specials. When I asked the chap to take them he suggested I did the round back to front which wouldn't have made a difference because then other Specials at the beginning of the round would have failed also. In the end I just didn't scan any of them because I knew I wouldn't get there in and got the customer to sign a P379 instead.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Our Specials were taken off the HTC duties and security was the reason given but i believe a few missing the 1pm deadline may also have played a partyellowbelly wrote:According to RM Delivery Equipment Security Procedure (it's in the downloads board), even in low risk area where you can leave HCT unattended for max 10 mins, SD itemsA2B wrote:Do you carry your Special Delivery items with you at all times? I don't think you are allowed to leave them in the HCT ?
should be removed but not sure whether this is just for the old style canvas sided HCT's or applies to the newer plastic sided ones as the document is dated 2010.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Yes I know and we did last year, but because the managers let a colleague have 2 weeks annual leave during the pressure we're one person down so no one to take parcels or specials.wookie wrote:This time of year you really should have relief drivers in place so they can do extra packets/Tracked & SPECIALS so they do not fail. If you have informed the line manager or if you can accomadate them and book excess then there shouldn't be a problem.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Taking Specials on a HCT round
Nope they're left in the trolley at all times.A2B wrote:Do you carry your Special Delivery items with you at all times? I don't think you are allowed to leave them in the HCT ?