keep logging off and crashing. The screen goes black as well, awfully embarrassing standing at the door and so time consuming when RM only allow us 8.2 seconds per delivery
not a day has gone by this week without problems with the PDA
Some of our parcel drivers were using the old ones that carried on working but these ones are cr@p
On Thursday we were told if you have to hand over Specials Tracked Recorded etc then just do it,if the equipment supplied isn't fit for purpose then you cant be expected to write everything down.
Fridays brief was use POD cards when pdas fail for everything except 2D which are to just be handed over.
If this network which is apparently supported by a company down under can't cope at Xmas then someone needs to be given an expensive kick up the arse.
and i was about 20 mins late due to keep trying to re-boot
then i gave up ... took the battery out and just delivered all the parcels and completed my box's and finished relaxed and calmly and I made up time and rolled back into
the yard just bang on time
They are terrible, can't connect, freeze up, sometimes you scan items and they don't even appear, pen doesn't work half the time and the signature jumps across the screen. How did they manage to make them even more annoying than the old ones???
wacko74 wrote: I just look on it as easy overtime, if RM want to pay me for sitting in a warm dry van trying to log back on repeatedly that's their call!
Yeah, that would be easy overtime if I had that luxury. Imagine some of us who have to be done on time to pick up children from school. That isn't a flexible time. The grief from mgmt (can't use the word 'management' as that implies managing) is appalling in this situation. I think I gotta quit. These guys are tossers.
deltaforce wrote:It crashes when the 1pm reminder is sent. I'm beginning to think this action is the culprit.
It only crashes then? You are so fortunate. I cannot tell what is triggering the crash as it is happening about 40 times a day,no matter what I am doing, no matter where I am, no matter how close I am to getting that useless illegible signature!
and i was about 20 mins late due to keep trying to re-boot
then i gave up ... took the battery out and just delivered all the parcels and completed my box's and finished relaxed and calmly and I made up time and rolled back into
the yard just bang on time
So next time it starts to crash
wip-it-out and carry on
frankieboy wrote:We were given POD cards to write details down on thursday.......they all went in the bin before we went out.
and when there's a claim that a special hasn't been delivered, as far as RM will be concerned you would have lost and failed the special, a nice bit of fodder for RM to use for a wilful delay charge. Use a POD card if the PDA fails or return the special to the DO, don't give RM the ammo to use for a wilful delay charge
and i was about 20 mins late due to keep trying to re-boot
then i gave up ... took the battery out and just delivered all the parcels and completed my box's and finished relaxed and calmly and I made up time and rolled back into
the yard just bang on time
So next time it starts to crash
wip-it-out and carry on
frankieboy wrote:We were given POD cards to write details down on thursday.......they all went in the bin before we went out.
and when there's a claim that a special hasn't been delivered, as far as RM will be concerned you would have lost and failed the special, a nice bit of fodder for RM to use for a wilful delay charge. Use a POD card if the PDA fails or return the special to the DO, don't give RM the ammo to use for a wilful delay charge
Correct, under absolutely no circumstances should you hand over or post a special delivery item without a signature (with exception of Queen's telegrams, parliamentary mail etc.) unless having explicit permission to do so IN WRITING!
Yeah be aware that is likely to soon become common knowledge outside of our RM bubble that many thousands of scans are daily failing country-wide.
If RM don't get this sorted ASAP (i.e. in the next few days, therefore impossible), then there will probably be many bogus claims which cannot be refuted.
Get those signatures, even on a scrap of paper if required.