ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Irate postman should know better!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Samsonite18
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Sep 2015, 21:16
Gender: Female

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Samsonite18 »

Hi everyone yesterday I was on a new duty and will be on it until January. I had a parcel for a house with a note on the door saying "leave any parcels in back garden", so I went round the back but there was nowhere safe to leave it and after trying neighbors I then 739' it. Today I had a parcel for same address and the guy came out full of rage having a go at me for 739 his parcel when there is a note on his door to leave parcels round back telling me "or you blind and stupid" "what part of it don't you understand". I calmly replied I'm not allowed to leave parcels unless with a neighbor or safe place he shouted at me saying "it's ok to leave them outside my patio window in back garden because im a postman too". I was quite shocked at this as he should know better and if anything went missing I'm the one in trouble not him. At this point I carried on and he was shouting his head to which I thought he must be a total nutter. I can see problems arising in the future from this as I will not leave anything lying about and will 739 his parcels again, now if he goes all nutter on me what do you do in that situation with someone and also if they threaten you with violence which I can see happening now.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by deltaforce »

You got his name and address then report him to your line manager and mention the fact he might be staff.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by postslippete »

Do your job. If the customer is not in, you slip it. To be honest I wouldn't even bother trying next door because he sounds like a bit of a trouble causer.


In which case if he goes 'all nutter on you', you tell the gaffer and don't deliver any of his parcels. Simple.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by koolishy67 »

Put p739 again
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Postie45 »

you must inform your manager about this bloke, if hes happy to shout at you like that then who knows what kind of problems he`ll cause in future. protect yourself, you did the right thing.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Shaders »

If he's capable of doing this he's also capable of saying his packet has gone missing after you left it outside.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by greengiant »

Surely if he's a postie, he can pick his parcels up at the office? (unless he works in a different office than one which covers his street?)

P739 if he's not in, if nowhere "safe" to leave it and neighbours not in.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Sir Henry »

Def tell your manager that you feel threatened by this utter tool, if you get no joy from them go to your rep. Have a word with the postie who did this walk before you as to what the guys problem is. Did the postie just do as he was asked and leave stuff in an unsafe place. Whatever you do if you genuinely feel,threatened by this guy DO NOT deliver to him and don't be fobbed off my (mis)management who, if anything like ours, don't give a s**t when it comes to not dealing with shouty punters.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Theghost »

I would shout back louder and take it from there,If he attacks,Strike 1st,But thats just me and i know its not the right thing to do but i fight fire with fire.
The w****r.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Newbie001 »

If he is a postman, bet he doorsteps all his parcels as well. Probably the reason why he can't understand why you wouldn't.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by bustedflush »

I don't believe he is a postman - he said it on impulse to justify his argument. I seriously doubt any postman would treat you in that manner.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by WOBBLY »

Did he have a wage slip on Thursday when you attempted to deliver the first parcel? If not he's no postie ;liar
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Mobey »

Anyone can say they are something or someone. Like someone who might claim to be who they are not.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by Surreypostie »

If you feel genuinely threatened report the incident to the old bill.
mondeo1
Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 08:00
Gender: Male

Irate postman should know better!

Post by mondeo1 »

Probably a job wrecker too