ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Don't you just hate it...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Don't you just hate it...

Post by fly-catchers »

when the first thing you hear after coming back after a 4 and a half hour delivery and over your time- "Well everyone else managed to get back early!" And not even to your face- but muttered loudly by the DOM to no-one in particular! Claimed 22 minutes which I bet I won't get without further arguments and tantrums! Christmas at RM has started and a Happy New Year!! :crazy:
Scotland1
Posts: 180
Joined: 06 Sep 2013, 16:17
Gender: Female

Don't you just hate it...

Post by Scotland1 »

Just leave the mail that u can't achieve in ur time
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Don't you just hate it...

Post by daveyeff »

just got in. I booked till 18.45....3hrs 45mins. won't bat an eyelid cos I WILL get paid :Very Happy
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Don't you just hate it...

Post by eastie »

fly-catchers wrote:when the first thing you hear after coming back after a 4 and a half hour delivery and over your time- "Well everyone else managed to get back early!" And not even to your face- but muttered loudly by the DOM to no-one in particular! Claimed 22 minutes which I bet I won't get without further arguments and tantrums! Christmas at RM has started and a Happy New Year!! :crazy:
Obviously Bonus driven
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Don't you just hate it...

Post by wannabeek »

I've have just said, well why'd you let them go home early then when I was still out delivering? Guy must be a wally to have done that, or maybe scared of them.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Don't you just hate it...

Post by fly-catchers »

wannabeek wrote:I've have just said, well why'd you let them go home early then when I was still out delivering? Guy must be a wally to have done that, or maybe scared of them.
"She" has her favourites and doesn't want to upset them. Not too keen on me though- which suits me...
Sunflower14
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 58
Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
Gender: Female

Don't you just hate it...

Post by Sunflower14 »

I know that feeling after the day and past couple of weeks I've had. I'm inky only a few weeks into my role at the RM and feel picked on compared to the other newbies :(
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Don't you just hate it...

Post by bigal383 »

EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE DONT GET THESE BULLY BOYS MANAGERS ARE ALL TAUGHT TO GIVE US s**t , EVERYTIME MY CUTTOFF COMES I FOLLOW PROCEDURE RING THEM EXPLAIN NOT GETTING ROUND, PUT THE BALL IN THERE COURT!
EITHER BOOK IT OR TAKE IT BACK
ITS THAT SIMPLE
THEY CANT TOUCH YOU
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Don't you just hate it...

Post by robbertwhitton »

God what a mess and soul destroying way of working?? Do it claim it lapse it bring it back faster quicker slower do it properly cut off bitching at each other it can be done he claimed he didn't for the love of God!!! ,pressure to save money from managers,etc who'd want there job?? Seriously??we wanted our bossed boss to come down and separate fact from fiction as to the real restraints he's supposed to be under etc,so at least we have a bit of a clue what's involved and maybe challenge them on issues in the real world??? EVR pleaseeeee!!