ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Managment blatently lying.
-
Gemmawalker83
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 17:31
- Gender: Female
Managment blatently lying.
Hi I've recently returned from maternity leave which I started end of March. Yesterday I asked my manager what the situation was with my holidays bare in mind I knew I had booked 3 weeks in October for my wedding and had a week in February. Since my maternity end beginning of November I assumed my holidays would still be there to take, but according to the manager I've only got 2 weeks to take ?? I know I have 4 weeks plus 4 bank holidays to take so why is he lying to me???
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Managment blatently lying.
a word of warning regarding your forum ID, i presume this is your actual name, if this is the case id suggest after you get the answers for this post to make a new one as managers are known to look at this forum.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Managment blatently lying.
Ask to see your leave card for this year and next year.
They can't take your holiday off you just because you were on maternity leave. You're entitled to it.
They can't take your holiday off you just because you were on maternity leave. You're entitled to it.
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
-
beanmuncha
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11
Managment blatently lying.
You are entitled to the holidays but not the bank holidays,
so from your statement you still have the week in February to take
plus the 3 weeks you did not take.
Get your rep to speak to him.
so from your statement you still have the week in February to take
plus the 3 weeks you did not take.
Get your rep to speak to him.
-
Gemmawalker83
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 17:31
- Gender: Female
Managment blatently lying.
Lol, didn't think of that thanks for the heads up.
-
Gemmawalker83
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 17:31
- Gender: Female
Managment blatently lying.
Thanks for the advice, I remember reading in my paper work for my leave that I would be entitled to any bank holidays I would have worked, I may have miss red this. It was my dom support who told me I had 4 bank holidays to take :-(
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Managment blatently lying.
It's possibly a lie or possibly just him not knowing the rules. Don't let them get you mad. Ask union rep to have a conversation on your behalf if you think you are in danger of calling someone a liar - that never goes down well!