ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Managment blatently lying.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gemmawalker83
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 17:31
Gender: Female

Managment blatently lying.

Post by Gemmawalker83 »

Hi I've recently returned from maternity leave which I started end of March. Yesterday I asked my manager what the situation was with my holidays bare in mind I knew I had booked 3 weeks in October for my wedding and had a week in February. Since my maternity end beginning of November I assumed my holidays would still be there to take, but according to the manager I've only got 2 weeks to take ?? I know I have 4 weeks plus 4 bank holidays to take so why is he lying to me???
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Managment blatently lying.

Post by Postie45 »

a word of warning regarding your forum ID, i presume this is your actual name, if this is the case id suggest after you get the answers for this post to make a new one as managers are known to look at this forum.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Managment blatently lying.

Post by Creditshampoo »

Ask to see your leave card for this year and next year.
They can't take your holiday off you just because you were on maternity leave. You're entitled to it.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Managment blatently lying.

Post by Pompey Boy »

Is he acting?
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Managment blatently lying.

Post by beanmuncha »

You are entitled to the holidays but not the bank holidays,
so from your statement you still have the week in February to take
plus the 3 weeks you did not take.
Get your rep to speak to him.
Gemmawalker83
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 17:31
Gender: Female

Managment blatently lying.

Post by Gemmawalker83 »

Lol, didn't think of that thanks for the heads up.
Gemmawalker83
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jun 2016, 17:31
Gender: Female

Managment blatently lying.

Post by Gemmawalker83 »

Thanks for the advice, I remember reading in my paper work for my leave that I would be entitled to any bank holidays I would have worked, I may have miss red this. It was my dom support who told me I had 4 bank holidays to take :-(
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Managment blatently lying.

Post by wannabeek »

It's possibly a lie or possibly just him not knowing the rules. Don't let them get you mad. Ask union rep to have a conversation on your behalf if you think you are in danger of calling someone a liar - that never goes down well!