Hey there, I've been with Royal Mail for a year as a part timer, 25 hours between 4 days, wed-Saturday. All the part timers in our office were approached and told that this is not our contract and that they had decided on these days to suit their operations. what our manager told us was that our actual contract involves working an extra day in the week within the 25 hours with rotating rest days. I immediately said I'm unable to work an extra day due to commitments outside of work however I was then told I'm in breach of my contract if that is the case. Now the other part timers have a contract that states their contracted days are Wednesday to Saturday however mine does not. We don't have a union rep at this point in time and our depo seems to be struggling with 13 members of staff either off sick or on rehab.
What I want to know is because my contract does not state the working days like the other part timers, am I in breach of my contract? It states that I am to work 25 hours and that these hours will be allocated by my manager and that these hours may change after giving me reasonable notice. Would the change of hours include the days I work too? I was told on Thursday, so what would be reasonable notice? If not what would be considered reasonable notice?
It's extremely frustrating and it just feels as though I'm being strong armed into something I'm unable to do.
Thanks in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Contract changes during Christmas?
-
Lordfishyruler
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 14:39
- Gender: Male
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Contract changes during Christmas?
They'd have to give you alot of notice