ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Over age 50 walk assist?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RobertDarrin
Posts: 5
Joined: 25 Nov 2016, 20:11
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by RobertDarrin »

Hi,i heard that there was an article in the courier magazine
about getting assisted on walks for posties over 50,as we're
Not Young marathon runners anymore,any clarification on
This as our union rep seemed to be trying to keep it hidden?
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by Rumple »

I must have missed it, I didn't see anything.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Capture over 50s.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by Pompey Boy »

Which edition of the Courier was this in?
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Pompey Boy wrote:Which edition of the Courier was this in?
October 2015 https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... er_ALL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by Rumple »

"There are no specific age-related allowances".
Better up my pension contributions, sharpish. Won't be able to do this at 65, (and older when the government get their way)
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by krussel »

Not heard of anything like this at a local level but it really makes sense. how can a 50 yr old keep up with a 20 yr old. Pain killers only get you so far. Alas i personally think its a PR stunt as the truth is they want the older workers out and replaced with part time younger employee.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by eastie »

Ask Moya and see what she says
RobertDarrin
Posts: 5
Joined: 25 Nov 2016, 20:11
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by RobertDarrin »

Thanks for posting that,looks like a dead end then.
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by Ozzvaldo »

We've got a 65 year old that does P&L in my office, he works with a partner 35 years his junior. On one of the bigger deliveries, too.
Smir
Posts: 124
Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by Smir »

I'm only 30, an push myself every day to do my loops, when I first started I was finishing around 12-2 then bang! it got so busy, post seems to have doubling and parcels were tripling!

Get moaned at for being too slow and finishing late, yet on my rest days they always cut off.. must be saying something... and I've never cut off...
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by Pompey Boy »

Smir wrote:I'm only 30, an push myself every day to do my loops, when I first started I was finishing around 12-2 then bang! it got so busy, post seems to have doubling and parcels were tripling!

Get moaned at for being too slow and finishing late, yet on my rest days they always cut off.. must be saying something... and I've never cut off...
Yes it's crazy. Doesn't help when you get asked to do a frame with 3 days worth of letters and packets, have to prep it and then deliver it, only to be moaned at by actings when you get back late :sad:
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
matthew68
Posts: 516
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by matthew68 »

krussel wrote:Not heard of anything like this at a local level but it really makes sense. how can a 50 yr old keep up with a 20 yr old. Pain killers only get you so far. Alas i personally think its a PR stunt as the truth is they want the older workers out and replaced with part time younger employee.
The fittest guy in our office is 52! He runs everywhere and no one can keep up with him! Some people are just naturally fitter than others, if you do job properly and use trolley and walk at reasonable pace the job can be done by someone 50 plus
Anonymouse
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 174
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
Gender: Male

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by Anonymouse »

Smir wrote:I'm only 30, an push myself every day to do my loops, when I first started I was finishing around 12-2 then bang! it got so busy, post seems to have doubling and parcels were tripling!

Get moaned at for being too slow and finishing late, yet on my rest days they always cut off.. must be saying something... and I've never cut off...
Same with me, mate.
I'm hoping to get out of this job soon so i can enjoy my knees for the rest of my days.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Over age 50 walk assist?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.