Hello all,
I'm ordering my new starter uniform and need some advice on the sizing.
Are the tops and trousers true to female sizes?
My usual UK size 12 is a Small for the shirts and polos but is also grouped in with a 10 and I'm unsure if it is going to be too small or if the Medium is going to be too big.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Uniform Sizing Help
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Uniform Sizing Help
I'll move this into the Blue Shirts area so that more of our lady members will see your post and hopefully respond.elmothelemon wrote:Hello all,
I'm ordering my new starter uniform and need some advice on the sizing.
Are the tops and trousers true to female sizes?
My usual UK size 12 is a Small for the shirts and polos but is also grouped in with a 10 and I'm unsure if it is going to be too small or if the Medium is going to be too big.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Uniform Sizing Help
The sizings are on the small side! Get the next size up.
-
woking
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 15:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: wokingham
Uniform Sizing Help
I'm a size 12 & all my uniform is a size small except my trousers they are a 12.elmothelemon wrote:Hello all,
I'm ordering my new starter uniform and need some advice on the sizing.
Are the tops and trousers true to female sizes?
My usual UK size 12 is a Small for the shirts and polos but is also grouped in with a 10 and I'm unsure if it is going to be too small or if the Medium is going to be too big.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
-
thumbcat
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Female
Uniform Sizing Help
I'm a 10 and find the small tops quite roomy so should be fine for you. The size 10 trousers were a little snug at first but are fine now I walk 9 miles a day 
-
claire321
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Jan 2016, 19:12
- Gender: Female
Uniform Sizing Help
I found everything to be very big. I'm a UK size 14 on average and found the size 12 trousers fitted snugly after returing the size 14 as they were too big. Everything else I have in size small and there is still a little room to spare.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Uniform Sizing Help
Only do,half a delivery!?thumbcat wrote:I'm a 10 and find the small tops quite roomy so should be fine for you. The size 10 trousers were a little snug at first but are fine now I walk 9 miles a day
-
thumbcat
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Female
Uniform Sizing Help
rubberbond wrote:Only do,half a delivery!?thumbcat wrote:I'm a 10 and find the small tops quite roomy so should be fine for you. The size 10 trousers were a little snug at first but are fine now I walk 9 miles a day
-
elmothelemon
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 28 Nov 2016, 13:59
- Gender: Female
Uniform Sizing Help
Thank you all :) Very helpful advice