ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
I have been asked to work ""SOME"" afternoons starting from this week right through til xmas basically because all regular duty holders will not be on holiday and there will be a surplus of staff, the hours would be starting from 12 oclock to maybe 7ish. Now although I don't have a big issue with this because it will only be for a month or so but I do have 2 or 3 upcoming commitments (actually one this week) which will unable me to work that late, I haven't a clue what the rota is for this week as they were not put up on Saturday but for example I have a commitment this friday from 3pm and i'm not sure if I will be rotared for a normal walking duty or an afternoon packet duty. Can they not make employees work afternoons? I can't locate my contract so I don't know what they can or cannot do but I was under the impression that they cannot make you work past my usualy 2.30pm finish time?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
Must be different up our way - we have reserves doing packet runs from 6:30am to 8:30am, then coming back to the office to do delivery walks.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
Illegal to call before 7:30am according to police who turned us back to the office last Christmas evegreengiant wrote:Must be different up our way - we have reserves doing packet runs from 6:30am to 8:30am, then coming back to the office to do delivery walks.
-
12rdave
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 09 Jun 2013, 22:50
- Gender: Male
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
Contact your rep. Afternoon packet duties are purely voluntary, nobody can be made to do these duties.
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
Change of duty times need a month's notice
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
Illegal to call before 7:30am according to police who turned us back to the office last Christmas eve[/quote]
is it really? we start knocking at 7
is it really? we start knocking at 7
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
It may be different in your contract so do find and check but I believe the standard phrase is that they need to give 'reasonable notice' if they require you to change your usual working hours.
As I understand it, if you have specific hours stated in your contract then it requires 90 days notice to change them.
If you don't have specific stated hours then I believe that 28 days notice is what is generally considered to be 'reasonable notice' when it is necessary to change your usual working pattern.
Having said that, my experience of this is with the law of the land outside of RM, but they are mostly a law unto themselves in this company!
As I understand it, if you have specific hours stated in your contract then it requires 90 days notice to change them.
If you don't have specific stated hours then I believe that 28 days notice is what is generally considered to be 'reasonable notice' when it is necessary to change your usual working pattern.
Having said that, my experience of this is with the law of the land outside of RM, but they are mostly a law unto themselves in this company!
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
As said it is voulntary. 90 days notice for a substantial change in contracted hours, not 30 days.
-
bigbazza
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
LOL many years ago i remember delivering before 6.30am. Those were the day's.Creditshampoo wrote:Illegal to call before 7:30am according to police who turned us back to the office last Christmas evegreengiant wrote:Must be different up our way - we have reserves doing packet runs from 6:30am to 8:30am, then coming back to the office to do delivery walks.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Xmas afternoon packets for reserves.
As far as I know its down to local by laws, but generally "Night time hours" are counted as between 11pm and 7am.
The accepted threshold level for noise complaints between these hours is 34dba https://www.gov.uk/guidance/noise-nuisa ... complaints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is between a whisper (20dba) and a Babbling Brook (40dba) http://www.noisehelp.com/noise-level-chart.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So don't knock too loudly.
The accepted threshold level for noise complaints between these hours is 34dba https://www.gov.uk/guidance/noise-nuisa ... complaints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is between a whisper (20dba) and a Babbling Brook (40dba) http://www.noisehelp.com/noise-level-chart.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So don't knock too loudly.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.