ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Over age 50 walk assist?
-
RobertDarrin
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Nov 2016, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
Hi,i heard that there was an article in the courier magazine
about getting assisted on walks for posties over 50,as we're
Not Young marathon runners anymore,any clarification on
This as our union rep seemed to be trying to keep it hidden?
about getting assisted on walks for posties over 50,as we're
Not Young marathon runners anymore,any clarification on
This as our union rep seemed to be trying to keep it hidden?
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
I must have missed it, I didn't see anything.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Over age 50 walk assist?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
Which edition of the Courier was this in?
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Over age 50 walk assist?
October 2015 https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... er_ALL.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Pompey Boy wrote:Which edition of the Courier was this in?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
"There are no specific age-related allowances".
Better up my pension contributions, sharpish. Won't be able to do this at 65, (and older when the government get their way)
Better up my pension contributions, sharpish. Won't be able to do this at 65, (and older when the government get their way)
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Over age 50 walk assist?
Not heard of anything like this at a local level but it really makes sense. how can a 50 yr old keep up with a 20 yr old. Pain killers only get you so far. Alas i personally think its a PR stunt as the truth is they want the older workers out and replaced with part time younger employee.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
Ask Moya and see what she says
-
RobertDarrin
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Nov 2016, 20:11
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
Thanks for posting that,looks like a dead end then.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Over age 50 walk assist?
We've got a 65 year old that does P&L in my office, he works with a partner 35 years his junior. On one of the bigger deliveries, too.
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
I'm only 30, an push myself every day to do my loops, when I first started I was finishing around 12-2 then bang! it got so busy, post seems to have doubling and parcels were tripling!
Get moaned at for being too slow and finishing late, yet on my rest days they always cut off.. must be saying something... and I've never cut off...
Get moaned at for being too slow and finishing late, yet on my rest days they always cut off.. must be saying something... and I've never cut off...
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
Yes it's crazy. Doesn't help when you get asked to do a frame with 3 days worth of letters and packets, have to prep it and then deliver it, only to be moaned at by actings when you get back lateSmir wrote:I'm only 30, an push myself every day to do my loops, when I first started I was finishing around 12-2 then bang! it got so busy, post seems to have doubling and parcels were tripling!
Get moaned at for being too slow and finishing late, yet on my rest days they always cut off.. must be saying something... and I've never cut off...
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
matthew68
- Posts: 516
- Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
The fittest guy in our office is 52! He runs everywhere and no one can keep up with him! Some people are just naturally fitter than others, if you do job properly and use trolley and walk at reasonable pace the job can be done by someone 50 pluskrussel wrote:Not heard of anything like this at a local level but it really makes sense. how can a 50 yr old keep up with a 20 yr old. Pain killers only get you so far. Alas i personally think its a PR stunt as the truth is they want the older workers out and replaced with part time younger employee.
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Over age 50 walk assist?
Same with me, mate.Smir wrote:I'm only 30, an push myself every day to do my loops, when I first started I was finishing around 12-2 then bang! it got so busy, post seems to have doubling and parcels were tripling!
Get moaned at for being too slow and finishing late, yet on my rest days they always cut off.. must be saying something... and I've never cut off...
I'm hoping to get out of this job soon so i can enjoy my knees for the rest of my days.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Over age 50 walk assist?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/rules.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.