My wife is part time at an MPU. In previous years at this time of year she's had a few extra hours before her shift, to clear sub post offices, around lunchtime, as they can get overladen, especially with packets / parcels. This year -- nothing, not for her or any of the people she works with.
When the sub post offices start ringing in for help, she and her colleagues are united that they'll say no thanks.
Oh,when she got back off collection today, the place was swarming with casuals.No " would you like to stay on for an hour ? "
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No Xmas overtime..
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
-
Pickle
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 14 Oct 2009, 16:38
- Gender: Male
No Xmas overtime..
Our D.O has has 2 people doing xmas collections for as long as i can remember. They collect from postboxes. Post offices. Thats there full 8hr shift. This year its been pulled. No collections till the sched attendance starts at 4pm. It had disaster written all over it.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
No Xmas overtime..
The screws have definitely been tightened this year that's for sure. Last year our Xmas deal was crap, this year there is no deal. But do not fear, Moya will still get her million pound in perks so we can all sleep better at night knowing that! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
No Xmas overtime..
Are we not getting the usual couple of hundred quid for not going sick this year then Judgee? Come to think of it I've not heard anything. May have to have a word with the Unit Rep Tomorrow!Judgee wrote:The screws have definitely been tightened this year that's for sure. Last year our Xmas deal was crap, this year there is no deal. But do not fear, Moya will still get her million pound in perks so we can all sleep better at night knowing that!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
paulp
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 05 Mar 2010, 09:22
- Gender: Male
No Xmas overtime..
You still get £200 even if u go sick
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
No Xmas overtime..
I have asked to work on my floating week off and it is no no from Royal Mail. It also happens in previous 3 out 5 floaters week off as well (other two on holiday) Don't know if there is a clamp down, but one mention 5 people want to work on their floating week off this week and none worked.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
No Xmas overtime..
I'd love it if we were told no overtime this year. I don't wish to do any, I could just cut off with no hassle about why can't I go over my time. I enjoy my job, I love the banter with the customers. I used to care about the service, now, I no longer care, the lack of caring from above has finally gotten to me. If you can't complete they shrug and say they don't care, bring it back and do it tomorrow. If my boss don't care, why should I?
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
No Xmas overtime..
mc,s are the same no-one seems to care anymoreSurreypostie wrote:I'd love it if we were told no overtime this year. I don't wish to do any, I could just cut off with no hassle about why can't I go over my time. I enjoy my job, I love the banter with the customers. I used to care about the service, now, I no longer care, the lack of caring from above has finally gotten to me. If you can't complete they shrug and say they don't care, bring it back and do it tomorrow. If my boss don't care, why should I?