ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

school holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woody666
Posts: 3
Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 14:30
Gender: Male

school holidays

Post by woody666 »

Im in a holiday group that is heavy loaded with those needing time off during school breaks this means this year I have 4 weeks still to choose and all school holidays are gone meaning I will be off without my kids and wife who works in a school.I have asked repeatedly if we could move some from groups which are loaded with folks who don't want time off during school breaks but have been told no. Why cant there be a better system.
Sean
jack~jack
Posts: 62
Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 10:04
Gender: Male

school holidays

Post by jack~jack »

You could have unpaid leave. I have done this before now. Don't expect help from family unfriendly royal mail.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

school holidays

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

or perhaps swap with a single person from another group.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.