Today was one of the busiest mondays i have had in a long long time.
The rain never stopped,Im lying in bed now still shiverring,Thats after a shower.
The rain is the 8th wonder of the world,It is a fact that it slows you down,But why ? Maybe takes the spring out of your step? Then again managers did that years ago
It's been one if the worst days iv ever had for a long time, totally soaked and frozen, pda kept crashing, and Mail and parcels galore... glad I'm home
Terrible day. Couldn't write out 739's they were like paper Mache. Despite using Yellow plaggy bag inserts in Bags a good deal of the mail that went through the doors was soaked through too. Expecting more than a few complaints in the Morning.
5 hours in driving rain/50mph winds and "feel like" sub-zero temperatures ... close to exposure I reckoned !! Home for a long bath - attempt to dry off stuff ... and then got a phone call from eldest lad ... house flooded, so back out wading thru knee-deep water to rescue boy + cat. Another shower (Weil's disease prevention) - finally ate food at 2130hrs. Knackered ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
Busy with packets but ok with mail for us today. I don't think the temperature got above freezing all day though, people were treated to the sight of a Peugeot Partner skidding around their streets with cars parked in stupid places
I politely invited my postman in for coffee while the rain was hammering down, he thanked me but said no if he stops he wouldn't want to go out again. lol
malcolm3011 wrote:I politely invited my postman in for coffee while the rain was hammering down, he thanked me but said no if he stops he wouldn't want to go out again. lol
That's true though - he just wants to get it done. I won't invite mine in for that reason, but he'll get a nice bung in a card in a couple of weeks - one for him an one for his normal partner.