ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Smartphone/flexible benefits
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
Has anyone actually done this and how much are you paying a week/month and for what?
-
1969tonka
- PARCELFORCE
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
Bought an ipad pro and it works out at about £50 pm over 2 years but I was going to buy one anyway so don't have to hand over a big lump of cash and can spread the cost.
-
iceman1277
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 28 Jan 2010, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
have you got the ipad pro yet i order a phone still waiting?1969tonka wrote:Bought an ipad pro and it works out at about £50 pm over 2 years but I was going to buy one anyway so don't have to hand over a big lump of cash and can spread the cost.
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
So what did you save on that. I was looking at an iPhone and could buy one but with the damage cover it looks a decent deal.just trying to work out what it actually costs a week from my wages1969tonka wrote:Bought an ipad pro and it works out at about £50 pm over 2 years but I was going to buy one anyway so don't have to hand over a big lump of cash and can spread the cost.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
I have ordered an iPhone 5SE,which with the damage protection etc is a good deal.......ordered it 2 weeks ago though....no idea when I will get it!
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Smartphone/flexible benefits
I must be missing something? £50pm over 2 years is £1200
-
stephen5708
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 01 May 2013, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
It appears that Phillip Hammond may close such schèmes , cycling to work and child care vouchers will not be affected.
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
I saw the consultation on this closed a month ago so what happens if they close the scheme that you are contracted to.
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/~/article-3954052/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
After doing some digging around it seems no one knows what happens if you are already on a salery sacrifice and the law changes but you might not be protected. I'll wait until Wednesday and see what's actually in the autumn statement before I commit. Strange though seeing as we've only just got this at rm as far I know and it could be pointless
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
So has this scheme been stopped made a order for a laptop weeks ago it said pending now I can't see anything on my bundle
-
GoingPostal86
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 02 Dec 2012, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
Mine says order in progress
-
beetybabe
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 21 Feb 2010, 20:44
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
I ordered a Iphone 6S on the 7th November and have been told Royal mail first have to authorize it which can take up to 2 weeks, then its subject to availability. The deals seems good, but the after service is piss poor
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
Pidleypoo wrote:After doing some digging around it seems no one knows what happens if you are already on a salery sacrifice and the law changes but you might not be protected. I'll wait until Wednesday and see what's actually in the autumn statement before I commit. Strange though seeing as we've only just got this at rm as far I know and it could be pointless
Are they considering scrapping the sacrafice scheme then? f***ing typical if they do, just got my full time contract and was going to lease a car
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Smartphone/flexible benefits
From what I've read if it does get stopped companies can still offer the benefits but they won't be ''as good'' savings wise.