ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

christmas stamps

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

christmas stamps

Post by glenfiddich »

datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by datasaint »

He's got to pay off that mac book ordered through mybundle some how.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by woopesh »

I thought you would get disciplined for this.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by wannabeek »

Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!

Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.

Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

christmas stamps

Post by korky »

i've loads of last years left, perhaps if we all used them we can say "mail is up" so no lapsing :left:
toomuchcoke
Posts: 309
Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by toomuchcoke »

wannabeek wrote:Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!

Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.

Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
RM might not do anything, but I believe HMRC could and frankly they're far more scarier than your average RM manager!
mancpat
Posts: 85
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by mancpat »

toomuchcoke wrote:
wannabeek wrote:Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!

Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.

Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
RM might not do anything, but I believe HMRC could and frankly they're far more scarier than your average RM manager!

HMRC won't be bothered about a few pounds worth of stamps. Maybe you have had too much coke!
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by wannabeek »

Lol. I'm quaking at the thought of the tax man pursuing me when I finally put my stash of free RM stamps on eBay. I'm assuming that was a joke, cos it's a pretty ludicrous suggestion.

I reckon he'll get the right hump when he finds out I sold some duck eggs to a neighbour too. I think I could be in trouble here...
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

christmas stamps

Post by korky »

if we can't flog our free stamps then surely we can't sell our free shares, those who did will be going down to prison :left:
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

christmas stamps

Post by k979aaa »

Why would anyone broadcast their illegal activity on here with selling stamps you can be fined for this god if you do it don't post and brag online about it. :no no
nickbsmooth
Posts: 279
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
Gender: Male
Location: South East

christmas stamps

Post by nickbsmooth »

I was going to give mine to a charity to use,I've got loads from years going back.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by woopesh »

wannabeek wrote:Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!

Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.

Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
I don't know. What I do know is that at Royal Mail nothing makes sense. The longer I stay the worse it gets so I just assume the worst. Its wierd, at other places I have worked, its the otherway round. Overtime you start to understand how a place works and the logic behind the policies and thinking. Not so at Royal Mail. I've never come across a place like it. Probably never will again. Perhaps the NHS is as bad?
Sunflower14
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 58
Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
Gender: Female

christmas stamps

Post by Sunflower14 »

I came from the NHS. I left there as management treated me badly and caused me a lot of stress. I would say the Royal Mail and NHS are on par with each other. However NHS micro manage staff and are constany on at you. Where as at least in the Royal Mail the majority of your time as a postie is away from management. Not a bad thing
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

christmas stamps

Post by Postie45 »

theyre your stamps you can sell them if you wish, theres no note included with the stamps saying that are being given to you with conditional restrictions.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

christmas stamps

Post by Lounge Lizard »

woopesh wrote:I thought you would get disciplined for this.
Yes, and there's an "If you work for royal mail and they find out you have sold your christmas stamps, It's a sackable offence!" comment on that site. :thumbdown
:wave :wave :wave for £27 ? :roll: