ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leaving after 7 weeks
-
coombster
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Oct 2016, 21:17
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
As the title says. How much notice do I give?
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Leaving after 7 weeks
But double check your contract as some new ones require 28 days.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
What is the consequences if you just leave. as regarding op,s postTrueBlueTerrier wrote:But double check your contract as some new ones require 28 days.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Leaving after 7 weeks
Plus you get holiday entitlement at about 0.45 days per week (5 day week) so unless you've already had some time off you should be able to make 3 days of the notice period annual leave.
-
coombster
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Oct 2016, 21:17
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
What if I just walk?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Why are you considering leaving out of interest?
-
coombster
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 07 Oct 2016, 21:17
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Been spoke to like a complete t**t by the higher ups. I'm not interested in taking it further. Just want to say stick it
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
RM like reducing numbers, means potential for absorbed hours, so you fly off the deep end you're basically playing into their hands is all I'm saying.
Unless you're totally unhappy in the job or have something better lined up I would put it on hold, speak to your colleagues in your office they'll probably share the same sentiments.
Unless you're totally unhappy in the job or have something better lined up I would put it on hold, speak to your colleagues in your office they'll probably share the same sentiments.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Don't quit. Just plod on and look for another job. As soon as you have a better option then give them the notice required (I believe that new contracts are 28 days notice, not a week like us old gits).
I don't see you'd be doing yourself any favours by putting yourself out of pocket just because they treat you badly.
If I was going to quit I'd just do the absolute minimum required so as to not get fired until I'd lined up another job.
I don't see you'd be doing yourself any favours by putting yourself out of pocket just because they treat you badly.
If I was going to quit I'd just do the absolute minimum required so as to not get fired until I'd lined up another job.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Leaving after 7 weeks
Just go on the sick get paid upto date and leave no notice. They're not going to get legal on you.
I'd do that if I had something lined up in the real world. Good luck
I'd do that if I had something lined up in the real world. Good luck
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
No sick pay until 12 months in the job so that won't help him.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Leaving after 7 weeks
How things have changed in recent years.wannabeek wrote:No sick pay until 12 months in the job so that won't help him.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
Put a formal grievance in for bullying and harassment if you have been spoken to inappropriately. This will give you a lever to then seek agreement to leave without notice/short as if you quit without notice employers can with hold holiday pay due because you breached your contract, however they are still required to pay you far all the work you have completed.
I can't see anyone disputing the notice period.
Stand up to them, they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Putting the grievance in gets them looked at from above.
I can't see anyone disputing the notice period.
Stand up to them, they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. Putting the grievance in gets them looked at from above.
-
kram123
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 01 Jun 2016, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Leaving after 7 weeks
I left recently after lasting 6 weeks. The notice on me leaving in my contract stated that I had to give 4 weeks notice, I didn't, I just walked. I enjoyed the job, but the management in my office were SCUM! I made a decision to cut my losses and move on. good luck to you.