ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
christmas stamps
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
christmas stamps
Got mine Thursday saw these todayhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trad ... ps-2550178
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
He's got to pay off that mac book ordered through mybundle some how.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
I thought you would get disciplined for this.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!
Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.
Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.
Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
christmas stamps
i've loads of last years left, perhaps if we all used them we can say "mail is up" so no lapsing 
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
RM might not do anything, but I believe HMRC could and frankly they're far more scarier than your average RM manager!wannabeek wrote:Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!
Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.
Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
-
mancpat
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 12:36
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
toomuchcoke wrote:RM might not do anything, but I believe HMRC could and frankly they're far more scarier than your average RM manager!wannabeek wrote:Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!
Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.
Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
HMRC won't be bothered about a few pounds worth of stamps. Maybe you have had too much coke!
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
Lol. I'm quaking at the thought of the tax man pursuing me when I finally put my stash of free RM stamps on eBay. I'm assuming that was a joke, cos it's a pretty ludicrous suggestion.
I reckon he'll get the right hump when he finds out I sold some duck eggs to a neighbour too. I think I could be in trouble here...
I reckon he'll get the right hump when he finds out I sold some duck eggs to a neighbour too. I think I could be in trouble here...
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
christmas stamps
if we can't flog our free stamps then surely we can't sell our free shares, those who did will be going down to prison 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
christmas stamps
Why would anyone broadcast their illegal activity on here with selling stamps you can be fined for this god if you do it don't post and brag online about it. 
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
christmas stamps
I was going to give mine to a charity to use,I've got loads from years going back.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
I don't know. What I do know is that at Royal Mail nothing makes sense. The longer I stay the worse it gets so I just assume the worst. Its wierd, at other places I have worked, its the otherway round. Overtime you start to understand how a place works and the logic behind the policies and thinking. Not so at Royal Mail. I've never come across a place like it. Probably never will again. Perhaps the NHS is as bad?wannabeek wrote:Why would they discipline you? They are given to you and you can do whatever you like with them as they are your property. Every year there are loads on eBay, usually with Moya's Christmas card added as a bonus free gift!
Sell them, use them, put them in the bin. Do whatever you like with something that belongs to you.
Personally I just stick them in a drawer and forget about them - maybe I'll sell them when the price of a stamp goes up to over a quid!
-
Sunflower14
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
- Gender: Female
christmas stamps
I came from the NHS. I left there as management treated me badly and caused me a lot of stress. I would say the Royal Mail and NHS are on par with each other. However NHS micro manage staff and are constany on at you. Where as at least in the Royal Mail the majority of your time as a postie is away from management. Not a bad thing
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
christmas stamps
theyre your stamps you can sell them if you wish, theres no note included with the stamps saying that are being given to you with conditional restrictions.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
christmas stamps
Yes, and there's an "If you work for royal mail and they find out you have sold your christmas stamps, It's a sackable offence!" comment on that site.woopesh wrote:I thought you would get disciplined for this.