ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do I leave the CWU?
-
ruralpost
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 20:58
- Gender: Female
How do I leave the CWU?
Today, I was told by the DOM that after looking at Trimble on Monday, he thinks if I could do my delivery quicker giving him the opportunity to add 20 mins of extra delivery points to my round. He asked the union rep if he agreed with this and of course he said yes. He has a meeting with the DOM every Monday to decide which days we lapse a duty/work unpaid overtime. However he goes home 30 mins - 1.5 hours early every day. (We have been taking note of his hours for some time now.) There are only 5 CWU members in our office and I am going to cancel my membership. I pay the fees so that the rep will help the staff, not side with the management. Can anyone tell me how to cancel my membership? Do I phone payroll or contact CWU directly?
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
How do I leave the CWU?
Ring payroll, they will do it straight away. 
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
ruralpost
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 20:58
- Gender: Female
How do I leave the CWU?
Thanks General Mannerheim.
-
Pompey Boy
- Posts: 428
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
- Gender: Male
How do I leave the CWU?
It will be a shame if you leave the CWU because of a bad rep
You could try having a discussion with your area rep or stand against this person. What do the other CWU members think about him?
You could try having a discussion with your area rep or stand against this person. What do the other CWU members think about him?
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
How do I leave the CWU?
If there is only 5 members in your office then it would be easy to get rid of this rep. Question is do you or any colleague want to do the job.
-
ruralpost
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 20:58
- Gender: Female
How do I leave the CWU?
The other members think our rep works too closely with the DOM,so it's very much them against us. None of the members would be willing to work with the DOM so I doubt if anyone would take it on. If we all left the CWU would our rep still be needed?
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
How do I leave the CWU?
Not sure how that would work. Surely area rep would have to ask some serious questions if an office only has one member and he is also the rep.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
How do I leave the CWU?
How will your situation improve by leaving the union?
The best way to affect change is from within. You should stand as rep and recruit more members from your office and then have the discussion with the DOM about unfair practices yourself.
It's little wonder your DOM is acting the way they are, there's no resistance with only 5 members.
The best way to affect change is from within. You should stand as rep and recruit more members from your office and then have the discussion with the DOM about unfair practices yourself.
It's little wonder your DOM is acting the way they are, there's no resistance with only 5 members.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
How do I leave the CWU?
You could all send the Area Rep emails resigning from the Union. That may stir up a response. Not sure if the rep would lose his accreditation, or what would happen re agreements being policed.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ruralpost
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 20:58
- Gender: Female
How do I leave the CWU?
I realise leaving the union won't improve the situation but being a member has no benifits either so I'd rather put the weekly fee in a jar and save it.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
How do I leave the CWU?
+1norm wrote:How will your situation improve by leaving the union?
The best way to affect change is from within. You should stand as rep and recruit more members from your office and then have the discussion with the DOM about unfair practices yourself.
It's little wonder your DOM is acting the way they are, there's no resistance with only 5 members.
This is the bottom line. We get what we deserve, with regards the union. If we aren't, as individuals, going to stand up and be counted, then the union can't save you.
How could it ? You are the union.
Go for it ruralpostie.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
How do I leave the CWU?
Stay in the union you may need them. Did you ask why you and not the rep is getting extra work as he is finishing earlier?.ruralpost wrote:I realise leaving the union won't improve the situation but being a member has no benifits either so I'd rather put the weekly fee in a jar and save it.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
How do I leave the CWU?
Leave the union it sends out a signal to them to pull their fingers out and sort things on the front line. You pay their generous salaries , they'll take notice if 1000s of members with drew support.
The union is more and more towing the Royal Mails line , negotiating 2% pay increases in exchange for a significant increase in work load.
The union is more and more towing the Royal Mails line , negotiating 2% pay increases in exchange for a significant increase in work load.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male