ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missed Deliveries

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ballee
Posts: 119
Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:21

Missed Deliveries

Post by ballee »

Hi, has anyone experienced what we in this office have been putting up with lately. We have recently had a new manager who is so far out of touch with staff it is unbelievable. He has started introducing new start times and different prep arrangements. All to make what he calls efficiency savings, the unfortunate outcome of this is that no savings have been made and the goodwill of the staff has now been lost.

What we have now is deliveries failing on an almost daily basis, no one is prepared to come into cover sick leave or any other unforeseen absence. when we point this out to our DOM his response is that I am the boss and I decide what happens, he seems to see Mail failures as making savings by lapsing hours. I should point out that over the years this office was renowned for its quality results and the co-operation of the staff, previous managers were prepared to work with staff to everyones benefit.

Are we now in a position that the USO does not matter, because this is how it appears, this week alone one area of this town has not had mail for three days. Surely if these failures are being reported senior management are failing in their duty to ensure the public are receiving the service they deserve. I get the impression that this manager knows nothing is going to happen so he carries on destroying what was once a successful Unit all in the name of savings, I wonder would Moyagh with these tactics.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Missed Deliveries

Post by Sir Henry »

Report the failures yourself anonymously to RM and try your area rep too. I'm sure if Dom-ass hasn't been reporting them himself a surprise audit will see the f****r out on his ear.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Missed Deliveries

Post by woopesh »

No one gives a s**t mate. As long as it looks good on their spreadsheets. I bet you any money the management are saying you guys are stuck doing things the old way and are waiting for you to get used to the changes, at which point, things will come together.

As a reserve, I've been shipped out to many offices where daily delivery failures are the norm. Whenever I'm shipped to these places, pride in the job etc take a back seat. It is upto the manager, however much of a dick / prick / inefficient ass he is how I spend my time. I just do what I can in the time I'm contracted for, cover my ass (you know I won't be able to complete this etc.) and don't argue the point. When people moan on the walk that they haven't had their mail for days, I excuse myself as a clueless grunt (which to be fair I am) give them a 739 and tell them to call customer services. Save yourself the stress! At the end of the day if you are a postie, its not your ass on the line.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Missed Deliveries

Post by steve1873 »

I have seen them at it in my office. Managers will deliver 1 street from each of several frames. I assume this is so that they can report them as partial failures, when they are in effect actually fully failing.