ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
Can anyone tell me what my meal relief entitlement is please? I work 20 hours a week over 3 days.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
30 mins
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
Its 5mins break for every hour worked. Its the legal minimum.peshwaarinaan wrote:Can anyone tell me what my meal relief entitlement is please? I work 20 hours a week over 3 days.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
Sorry but the legal minimum is 20 minutes for 6 Hours work.woopesh wrote:Its 5mins break for every hour worked. Its the legal minimum.peshwaarinaan wrote:Can anyone tell me what my meal relief entitlement is please? I work 20 hours a week over 3 days.
If you work less you aren't legally entitled to a break, but in Royal Mail you do have a contractual right to a break. You are right though for 6 Hours a day then the break is 30 minutes paid.
https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work/overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Workers have the right to one uninterrupted 20-minute rest break during their working day, if they work more than 6 hours a day. This could be a tea or lunch break.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
Unless your DIM is upto normal DIM standard then you can get away with 40 mins, not that I condone such activity 
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
Glad someone knows what they are talking about round here!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Sorry but the legal minimum is 20 minutes for 6 Hours work.woopesh wrote:Its 5mins break for every hour worked. Its the legal minimum.peshwaarinaan wrote:Can anyone tell me what my meal relief entitlement is please? I work 20 hours a week over 3 days.
If you work less you aren't legally entitled to a break, but in Royal Mail you do have a contractual right to a break. You are right though for 6 Hours a day then the break is 30 minutes paid.
https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work/overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Workers have the right to one uninterrupted 20-minute rest break during their working day, if they work more than 6 hours a day. This could be a tea or lunch break.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
TBT, where does it say I'm entitled to 30 minutes?
As it's always to busy to take a break, would I be within my rights to insist on cutting off 30 minutes before my finishing time?
As it's always to busy to take a break, would I be within my rights to insist on cutting off 30 minutes before my finishing time?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
WAY FORWARD AGREEMENT 2000 http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=11941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;peshwaarinaan wrote:TBT, where does it say I'm entitled to 30 minutes?
Sadly No, the legal break requirements mean it should be somewhere in the middle of your working day. https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work/taking-breaks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;peshwaarinaan wrote:As it's always to busy to take a break, would I be within my rights to insist on cutting off 30 minutes before my finishing time?
Employers can say when employees take rest breaks during work time as long as:
the break is taken in one go somewhere in the middle of the day (not at the beginning or end)
workers are allowed to spend it away from their desk or workstation (ie away from where they actually work)
It doesn’t count as a rest break if an employer says an employee should go back to work before their break is finished.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Toby Tyke
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
I work the same hours. It's 30 mins up to 7hrs then goes up to 40mins if you go over 7 hrs.
Got the document but don't know how to post it on here.
Got the document but don't know how to post it on here.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
Thank you all!
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
when i first started I was only allowed to claim 15 minutes? then someone said I should be taking 20 minutes so been claiming 20 minutes, but I work over my 6 hours a lot, sometimes 7,8,9 hours even 11 some days... is it really 5 minutes per hour? what is CWU official guidelines?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Sorry but the legal minimum is 20 minutes for 6 Hours work.woopesh wrote:Its 5mins break for every hour worked. Its the legal minimum.peshwaarinaan wrote:Can anyone tell me what my meal relief entitlement is please? I work 20 hours a week over 3 days.
If you work less you aren't legally entitled to a break, but in Royal Mail you do have a contractual right to a break. You are right though for 6 Hours a day then the break is 30 minutes paid.
https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work/overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Workers have the right to one uninterrupted 20-minute rest break during their working day, if they work more than 6 hours a day. This could be a tea or lunch break.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
CWU official guideline are in my post above.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Robbie1965
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 08 Dec 2015, 05:45
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
Just a supplementary question is it lawful to claim overtime instead of overtime
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Meal Relief entitlement for 6 hour 40 min shift?
???Robbie1965 wrote:Just a supplementary question is it lawful to claim overtime instead of overtime