ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Poo in the Post
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
Now I admit I'm pretty squeamish anyway, I cringe when I see someone not bothering to wash their hands after going to the toilet, so perhaps I'm over reacting, but I still find it pretty revolting that we have to handle envelopes containing what I assume to be samples of human poo!
For anyone not familiar with them they're grey envelopes addressed to something like the ''Bowel Movement Monitoring Service''... I usually notice them about once or twice a week in the postboxes I empty, so there's probably quite a few more that I don't notice.
I wonder how our customers would feel knowing that their letters and parcels, including food items such as Graze and Hotel Chocolat are being handled along with envelopes containing samples of human faeces?
For anyone not familiar with them they're grey envelopes addressed to something like the ''Bowel Movement Monitoring Service''... I usually notice them about once or twice a week in the postboxes I empty, so there's probably quite a few more that I don't notice.
I wonder how our customers would feel knowing that their letters and parcels, including food items such as Graze and Hotel Chocolat are being handled along with envelopes containing samples of human faeces?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Poo in the Post
More than likely they are just the charts that the carer or patient complete for the service.
Or they are using SafeBoxes
http://www.royalmail.com/corporate/mail ... nd/safebox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Or they are using SafeBoxes
http://www.royalmail.com/corporate/mail ... nd/safebox" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
No... they contain s**t ... the screening of which can detect bowel cancer 
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
Nothing wrong with screening and detecting bowel cancer, but if these envelopes do contain faeces samples then I still think it's not something that we should be handling along with all the other mail items... I'm sure we've all had mail that we've had to put in ''Sorry it got damaged'' bags mainly because it's got shredded in the automated sorting process.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
Seems that poo is an occupational hazard. Poo in the bag and on the bag. I thought poo would constitute a hazardous material and would have to be sent via a poo courier?
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Poo in the Post
Shitty Link used to have the contract.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Poo in the Post
Probably less risk than buying anything in a shop as most coins and banknotes have previously been used by someone who does not bother to wash their hands after going to the toilet. 
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
Do these packages go in any kind of log book?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Poo in the Post
doorstepped wrote:Shitty Link used to have the contract.
I thought it was DPD
Delivering Poo Daily
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
These poo samples are hours of fun mate! Give them a sniff and see if you can guess who's it is!
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
The samples are a minute amount sealed in a cardboard sample envelope with no danger of anything leaking (there's not enough of the stuff) I know cos I,ve done one and it was clear 
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
This is why I am surprised at the thread TBH. Almost hysterical reaction to what is essentially a faecal smear as the last poster said on a bit of paper or something sealed in a plastic strip-and-seal envelope.
You'd think by some comments the person had deposited a whole 500g walnut whip straight into a Jiffy Bag, sealed it and chucked it in the letterbox and the postie had found bits of stained sweetcorn rolling around in the bottom of his pouch!
You'd think by some comments the person had deposited a whole 500g walnut whip straight into a Jiffy Bag, sealed it and chucked it in the letterbox and the postie had found bits of stained sweetcorn rolling around in the bottom of his pouch!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
I hardly think it's a ''hysterical'' reaction and I did say that I was maybe over reacting and that I am very squeamish... my gag reflex goes into overdrive if you put me within 10 feet of a baby with a dirty nappy!!
But I still think faeces samples no matter how small should be handled in rather more clinically appropriate way, rather than just put through our ''pipeline'' (no pun intended!)
But I still think faeces samples no matter how small should be handled in rather more clinically appropriate way, rather than just put through our ''pipeline'' (no pun intended!)
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Poo in the Post
Noticed this week the "Poo Samples" some have been coming in different packaging & tracked, anyone else?
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
Poo in the Post
Don't understand. Is this a Collections issue? No reason for me to see or know about this is there if I just deliver post on a normal walk?