ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Question about transfer
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Question about transfer
I submitted a transfer request to my local DO (Longton) as there was a position advertised. I recieved an email saying I was eligible for transfer and that I would get a call from the local Hiring Manager, this was last Monday. I heard nothing all last week and emailed the woman on Friday who had been in touch with me saying that I have heard nothing as of yet. It is now Monday and all is quiet. Is it normal to wait this long or have I missed out?
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Question about transfer
Why not ring the local management up?
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Question about transfer
Best thing to do is contact the DOM of the delivery office you have applied to, even better if you already know them. When I applied for a transfer I waited at least a week or more before I herd back. You might not hear anything back until the required amount of applicants has been reached.
-
DICK43
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:58
- Gender: Male
Question about transfer
I`m giving some serious thought into a transfer, how did you hear if there was a position at another office going?, another daft question, are they on a website somewhere? also what do you think is the best way I can do this without getting my own DOM too involved?, I work in a small office and staff are already leaving in their droves, not sure if he would be too pleased/ignore my request, any help you guys can give would be great as I`m really fed up where I am at the moment.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Question about transfer
This link leads to the RM job search:
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/
just use 'postman' or something as the keyword and it shows all available in the country if you want, and you can set it up to send an email whenever one comes up.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/
just use 'postman' or something as the keyword and it shows all available in the country if you want, and you can set it up to send an email whenever one comes up.
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Question about transfer
Go to http://www.myroyalmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, log in & go to me at work, then careers. There's a link to success factors. I think the username & password is usually your pay number & national insurance number but its that long ago from i sorted mine out. A quick phone call to HR & they will sort you out with a password. This is the best way to see what jobs are available within Royal Mail, as it shows anything from Management jobs to work place coaches. Even jobs that arent advertised in the public domain. Hope that is of any help.