ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
-
benellery
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
Yes - appreciate it is not religious - that's just what he was told by his manager and interested in whether anyone else has had the same experience?
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
We have a few boxes in the office for donations
Bang out of order, at the least contact your local paper
Bang out of order, at the least contact your local paper
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
benellery wrote:Hi,
I've heard a postman complaining this morning that he's not allowed to wear a poppy by his manager on 'religious grounds.' Has anyone else heard of this?
Which religious grounds
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
No, in fact, I would say his manager is being disrespectful. The poppy is also worn in remembrance of the 12,830 postal workers killed in Word War I and World War 2.benellery wrote:Hi,
I've heard a postman complaining this morning that he's not allowed to wear a poppy by his manager on 'religious grounds.' Has anyone else heard of this?
Anyone wearing a poppy, no matter if it's red, white or black, whilst in Royal Mail uniform is showing respect to each and every one of those fallen colleagues.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
Wouldn't have made much difference in my Office hardly anyone bothered to wear a poppy. Very Poor Showing, I would have expected better, but just about par for the course with the selfish buggers I work with.
Agree that the DOM should have been told to wind his neck in, I haven't seen anything from anyone concerning the wearing of Poppies at Royal Mail. Perhaps the DOM thinks he's a member of FIFA?
Agree that the DOM should have been told to wind his neck in, I haven't seen anything from anyone concerning the wearing of Poppies at Royal Mail. Perhaps the DOM thinks he's a member of FIFA?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
Should have put in a B and H against the bastard.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
Has he banned the Yarmulke or Kippah ? What about the Hijab, the Burka? What about the cross round my neck? What about the postman with the cross tattooedbenellery wrote: he's not allowed to wear a poppy by his manager on 'religious grounds.'
on his neck upside down ? !
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
It should remain each individual's choice whether or not they wear a poppy.
I am a bit uneasy about those that are expected to wear one whether presenters on the BBC or members of a football team.
I am a bit uneasy about those that are expected to wear one whether presenters on the BBC or members of a football team.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Postman banned from wearing a poppy
totally agree.Lounge Lizard wrote:It should remain each individual's choice whether or not they wear a poppy.
I am a bit uneasy about those that are expected to wear one whether presenters on the BBC or members of a football team.