Who has access to Georoute? Is it just the planners, or have DOM's got access aswell? Can a postperson request to see the georoute plan for their particular round?
I ask this as we had a seriously fudged revision with several rounds that seem far too big and cannot be completed following the correct delivery methods. There is suspicion georoute was not used correctly (if at all) during the planning of these duties.
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Georoute
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Georoute
The whole thing is bulls##t. The georoute software says how long the round should take based on the 'model week' amount of traffic. Then managers will use it as a weapon when you try cutting off, "the traffic is below model week so it can be achieved in the time". But now they also want us to deliver to a neighbour, scan almost every parcel, and do lapsing on top of that.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Georoute
the Geo route is only as good as the planner using it.
and so far I have not seen one planner who has used it properly. Ours was done 3 years ago and I have been offered a tabletop revision to try and sort out the mess left behind.
I was offered this in February this year, but have not yet had time to be released from my duty due to staff shortages to be able to do anything about it.
I have done all the planning etc in my own time to try and make it go a little faster, I just need to input it into georoute / Aplus etc and change the walk frames.
our revision was done pre delivery to neighbour and without the massive amount of tracked deliveries and 2d barcodes that we now see.
Hopefully I will be sometime in the new year but I won't hold my breath.
and so far I have not seen one planner who has used it properly. Ours was done 3 years ago and I have been offered a tabletop revision to try and sort out the mess left behind.
I was offered this in February this year, but have not yet had time to be released from my duty due to staff shortages to be able to do anything about it.
I have done all the planning etc in my own time to try and make it go a little faster, I just need to input it into georoute / Aplus etc and change the walk frames.
our revision was done pre delivery to neighbour and without the massive amount of tracked deliveries and 2d barcodes that we now see.
Hopefully I will be sometime in the new year but I won't hold my breath.