Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why does this pee me off so much?
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
I guess it`s happened to us all. you knock on someones door. they answer, and say hey we have a bell you know? and sometimes push it to demonstrate it works. well today I said. you heard me and answered the door so whats the problem?
Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room.
Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
oh ye,,,,i had a woman moan...."you didn't press the bel"l......she lent out and pressed it,,,,no sound,,,,,"oh the batteries have died"
LOL
I said its lucky I tired both bell and knock then isn't it LOL
LOL
I said its lucky I tired both bell and knock then isn't it LOL
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
It is weird isn't it, there's a house on one of the walks I cover where it's obviously a HUGE issue to him if you knock on the door instead of or as well as ringing the bell.
He's quite polite and doesn't get angry but he always makes a big point of saying that there is definitely no need whatsoever under any circumstances to knock on the door.
I don't know why his front door is so precious that he doesn't want anyone touching it!
He's quite polite and doesn't get angry but he always makes a big point of saying that there is definitely no need whatsoever under any circumstances to knock on the door.
I don't know why his front door is so precious that he doesn't want anyone touching it!
-
Sawfeet
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 13 Dec 2015, 12:01
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
I had this many times in last heat wave, most were out in the garden don't hear bell but still say "We have a bell you know"
These two main one get me, had a number of Mothers bring their baby to door some with & glass wine then get the ass have put one down to sign PDA.
Why do you have bring baby to door I don't need to know you have one, it can survive 2 minutes with out you!
Another one I get "Your late today did you get lost"
These two main one get me, had a number of Mothers bring their baby to door some with & glass wine then get the ass have put one down to sign PDA.
Why do you have bring baby to door I don't need to know you have one, it can survive 2 minutes with out you!
Another one I get "Your late today did you get lost"
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
I ring the bell and knock EVERY time. I have great pleasure in not caring when they moan. What REALLY pees me off is when you get a "you didn't knock at my house and I was in" complaint!! Yeah like I stood there writing the P739 card for the good of my health 
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
There's a house on a round I sometimes to which has a doorbell (which you can't hear from outside, though it apparently works) and a large door knocker. The first time I delivered a parcel to said address I rang the doorbell, didn't hear anything so used the knocker as well ... Cue the "lady of the household" shouting at me for having the temerity to use her door knocker! Did leave me wondering why she had a door knocker fitted if she didn't want anyone to use it though.windermeredave wrote:I guess it`s happened to us all. you knock on someones door. they answer, and say hey we have a bell you know? and sometimes push it to demonstrate it works. well today I said. you heard me and answered the door so whats the problem?
Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
Old Northern expression; There's now't as queer as folk. Answers from proper northern folk welcomed. 
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
Its something I had to come to terms with... there are all sorts of people out there. I have had moans for knocking too loudly, not knocking loud enough, knocking too many times, ringing the bell (when I should have knocked), not waiting long enough, waiting too long (was writing out a p739 and the woman wanted me off her property and didnt want to be bothered at all that day). You name it. Whatever you do, you will get complaints so just do whatever you do and sod them. I always ring once and knock twice smartly. f**k them if it aggrevates them.
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
I've got one on my delivery. A right whining/awkward sort. She lives on a single row cul de sac. I'd knock on door, no answer, P739 duly delivered. When I'd finished cul de sac, she'd be waiting with P739 saying she hadn't heard me knock, as I walked back past her house. This happened twice. After that, If she has a packet, I re jig the delivery order and do her last. Knock, no answer, P739 and run. Lately, she seems to have got the message and actually answers the door. 
-
rottathehutlet
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 27 Aug 2010, 12:03
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
Someone once complained to me for not ringing the doorbell loud enough! 
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2055
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
Yup. Customer spent 80 grand on His extension and wont spend another fiver on a bell so He can hear Me when Hes in it lol... Wot a D head 
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
The number of customers who come to the front door only to find its....locked....and there no key!!
D'oh where would I put the most important things in my house? Is it in the other room? Behind the cupboards? Under the floorboards???
D'oh where would I put the most important things in my house? Is it in the other room? Behind the cupboards? Under the floorboards???
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
I tend to post any mail before writing out the 739 now. Funny how mail dropping on the floor brings customers to the door straight away, but a knock gets ignored. 
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
They don't piss me off as much as the ones who hide behinde aglass door and refuse to answer until you put the card through, let you go down the path, then open up and say " I was in the bathroom/ kitchen/garden..blagh blagh blagh. / you didn't knock" Oh no you don't hear the door bell, knocker...but the sound of a red card hitting your carpet gets you racing to the door !windermeredave wrote:I guess it`s happened to us all. you knock on someones door. they answer, and say hey we have a bell you know? and sometimes push it to demonstrate it works. well today I said. you heard me and answered the door so whats the problem?
Just got a mutter of some sort and shut the door. I don`t expect any comeback on this but christ some people could start an argument in a empty room.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Why does this pee me off so much?
Once knocked someones door, waited a min then knocked again and woman opened and said ''sorry I didn't hear you the first time''
Huh?!

Huh?!
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next