ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New development

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

New development

Post by WOBBLY »

After getting no-where with management or union rep I'm after advice.

Does anybody know the OFFICIAL way of dealing with new developments? I'm not talking 2 or 3 new houses I'm talking about 50+

I know I can cut off etc but there must be some sort of official process to deal with them..... :crazy: any ideas? RM must have some sort of policy knocking around!
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

New development

Post by Sir Henry »

We don't lapse if there is a new development being built
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
shayanboon
Posts: 58
Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 21:43
Gender: Male

New development

Post by shayanboon »

Same problem! Developments going up DO being "reasonable request" from DOM adoption by stealth :shock:
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

New development

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I would presume the bottom line is either A) You have time to do these extra houses or B) You don't have the time? :hmmmm

If you don't have the time use the overrunning procedure and put the ball in the DOMs court. It's HIS problem not yours.

The flip side of this argument might be someone whose duty is a bit "Light" and the DOMs decided to add the New Build to his duty. IF he's been coming back an hour early every day I'd certainly support him being given some extra work! If he's a "Runner" and he gets extra work because he's finishing early then that's his problem. IMO he should be working "Properly"! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)