ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
parcels
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
parcels
I would like to know the answer to this too. I think it's been mentioned before but I don't think a definitive answer
was given.
RM website pages for max parcels size that can be sent give the max size as 20kg, 60cm x 46cm x 46cm for a medium parcel.
Anything larger than this 'should' or 'can' be sent through PF.
We get loads through that are in excess of one of the dimension limits (not many that weigh more) and we just accept them.
I would like to know if PO staff are inadvertently accepting larger parcels in order to give customers a cheaper deal or
they don't understand the RM pricing and/or if businesses are getting larger parcels into the 'normal' RM system (as opposed to PF)
and RM don't say/do anything as they don't want to lose business.
Don't know if there's any Union/RM agreement to say that the everyday postie must only deliver parcels up to medium dimensions.
Medium parcel dimensions are not that big when you measure it out.
Hopefully some of the more experienced posties on the boards will have the answer......
was given.
RM website pages for max parcels size that can be sent give the max size as 20kg, 60cm x 46cm x 46cm for a medium parcel.
Anything larger than this 'should' or 'can' be sent through PF.
We get loads through that are in excess of one of the dimension limits (not many that weigh more) and we just accept them.
I would like to know if PO staff are inadvertently accepting larger parcels in order to give customers a cheaper deal or
they don't understand the RM pricing and/or if businesses are getting larger parcels into the 'normal' RM system (as opposed to PF)
and RM don't say/do anything as they don't want to lose business.
Don't know if there's any Union/RM agreement to say that the everyday postie must only deliver parcels up to medium dimensions.
Medium parcel dimensions are not that big when you measure it out.
Hopefully some of the more experienced posties on the boards will have the answer......
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
parcels
We've delivered car body parts ,dysons,push chairs etc.
When I went to send a lightweight 4x2ft aquarium background I was told by the post office only parcel force could do that.
So are we delivering stuff that parcel force cannot do due to work load or are we just taking any corporate business.
When I went to send a lightweight 4x2ft aquarium background I was told by the post office only parcel force could do that.
So are we delivering stuff that parcel force cannot do due to work load or are we just taking any corporate business.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
parcels
30kg.the mad woman wrote:anybody know what weight of parcels we can refuse to take out and where can I get info from to print out thanks
"Get a price" on the Royal Mail website states "Sorry, we do not carry items over 30kg".
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
parcels
That's a job for Parcelforce.Lounge Lizard wrote:30kg.the mad woman wrote:anybody know what weight of parcels we can refuse to take out and where can I get info from to print out thanks
"Get a price" on the Royal Mail website states "Sorry, we do not carry items over 30kg".
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
parcels
We have had some really large parcels dimensions wise of late, and are regularly getting 50 plus large parcels in addition to the small packets, averaging 10 plus in each loop bag, oh and this week 5 D2D of which 2 are catalogue books.
Crazy and they wonder why so many people are going sick in our DO.
Crazy and they wonder why so many people are going sick in our DO.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
parcels
stephen.cal87 wrote:So are we losing amazon? I had an amazon parcel delivered by myHermes yesterday. Normally all my amazon deliveries come through royal mail.
Amazon started using its own delivery service in 2015 according to this article in the Telegraph:
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mark ... giant.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and said RM couldn't cope:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... azon-boss/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
but we've seen more and more of their stuff coming back through RM as I think their delivery systems can't cope either.......
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
parcels
Yes, I stand corrected.rubberbond wrote:That's a job for Parcelforce.Lounge Lizard wrote:30kg.the mad woman wrote:anybody know what weight of parcels we can refuse to take out and where can I get info from to print out thanks
"Get a price" on the Royal Mail website states "Sorry, we do not carry items over 30kg".
20kg is the maximum for Royal Mail ( 10 to 20kg is £33.40 first class and £28.55 second class )
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
parcels
Fully agree with your findings re weight but it's the sizes of the blinkin' things we get through the system. They might weigh lessLounge Lizard wrote:Yes, I stand corrected.rubberbond wrote:That's a job for Parcelforce.Lounge Lizard wrote:30kg.the mad woman wrote:anybody know what weight of parcels we can refuse to take out and where can I get info from to print out thanks
"Get a price" on the Royal Mail website states "Sorry, we do not carry items over 30kg".
20kg is the maximum for Royal Mail ( 10 to 20kg is £33.40 first class and £28.55 second class )
than the max but when they take up half a york or more (duvets and bubble wrap rolls being two examples!) I'm under the impression
we ('normal' RM) shouldn't be taking them, they should be going through PF.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
parcels
Yes, for Royal Mail the limits are Length 61cm, Width 46cm and Depth 46cm ( with the Weight limit of 20kg ) but many bigger than this get into the system.yellowbelly wrote:Fully agree with your findings re weight but it's the sizes of the blinkin' things we get through the system. They might weigh lessLounge Lizard wrote:Yes, I stand corrected.rubberbond wrote:That's a job for Parcelforce.Lounge Lizard wrote:30kg.the mad woman wrote:anybody know what weight of parcels we can refuse to take out and where can I get info from to print out thanks
"Get a price" on the Royal Mail website states "Sorry, we do not carry items over 30kg".
20kg is the maximum for Royal Mail ( 10 to 20kg is £33.40 first class and £28.55 second class )
than the max but when they take up half a york or more (duvets and bubble wrap rolls being two examples!) I'm under the impression
we ('normal' RM) shouldn't be taking them, they should be going through PF.