ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Yes it is a public holiday in lieu of Christmas Day being on a Sunday
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Does that mean if we are given it as a day off we get a bank holiday credit? Or are reserves about to get shafted again?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
yesNondescript wrote:Does that mean if we are given it as a day off we get a bank holiday credit?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break?? 
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys 
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
3, 24th is a normal shift,bustedflush wrote:You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break??
4 if you've wed 28th as your day off
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Absolutely agree with that! I understand now when people used to say to me, I feel sorry for you, I get the same feelings now! One poor bugger on my street was doing his delivery with a trolley and two full bags on it at 3.30 the other day! I know my street is a cut-off one on that particular walk and he confirmed it! In my ex office, walks are still too big!!bustedflush wrote:Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
bustedflush wrote:You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break??
No just 3 - Sun, Mon and Tues.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Got the Weds as my day off!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:bustedflush wrote:You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break??
No just 3 - Sun, Mon and Tues.
My day off last Xmas was Xmas eve. Sometimes, just sometimes the God of RM slavery looks down and smiles on me! Bloody rare but there ya go!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Still out at 3.30 is nothing, my last house at the minute is usually 4.30 on an average day. God knows what time I'll finish running up to christmas. Glad we get 3 day break this year but it's still rubbish.mdm wrote:Absolutely agree with that! I understand now when people used to say to me, I feel sorry for you, I get the same feelings now! One poor bugger on my street was doing his delivery with a trolley and two full bags on it at 3.30 the other day! I know my street is a cut-off one on that particular walk and he confirmed it! In my ex office, walks are still too big!!bustedflush wrote:Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
It may be rubbish but some of us were alive when they stopped Christmas Day deliveries.
The General Post Office stopped delivering letters on Christmas Day in 1960 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and in 1965 in Scotland.
The General Post Office stopped delivering letters on Christmas Day in 1960 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and in 1965 in Scotland.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Tuesday 27 Dec 2016
Ah, but they didn't get lapsing...TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It may be rubbish but some of us were alive when they stopped Christmas Day deliveries.
The General Post Office stopped delivering letters on Christmas Day in 1960 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and in 1965 in Scotland.