ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Izzy
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by Izzy »

Is this a non service day?
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by malcolm3011 »

Yes it is a public holiday in lieu of Christmas Day being on a Sunday
Izzy
Posts: 125
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by Izzy »

Thanks Malky
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by Nondescript »

Does that mean if we are given it as a day off we get a bank holiday credit? Or are reserves about to get shafted again?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nondescript wrote:Does that mean if we are given it as a day off we get a bank holiday credit?
yes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by bustedflush »

You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break?? :roll:
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by mdm »

First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys :whistle
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by korky »

bustedflush wrote:You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break?? :roll:
3, 24th is a normal shift,
4 if you've wed 28th as your day off :nana
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by bustedflush »

mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys :whistle
Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by mdm »

bustedflush wrote:
mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys :whistle
Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.
Absolutely agree with that! I understand now when people used to say to me, I feel sorry for you, I get the same feelings now! One poor bugger on my street was doing his delivery with a trolley and two full bags on it at 3.30 the other day! I know my street is a cut-off one on that particular walk and he confirmed it! In my ex office, walks are still too big!! :roll:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break?? :roll:

No just 3 - Sun, Mon and Tues.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by Judgee »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:You lucky buggers got ANOTHER 4-day Christmas break?? :roll:

No just 3 - Sun, Mon and Tues.
Got the Weds as my day off! :nana

My day off last Xmas was Xmas eve. Sometimes, just sometimes the God of RM slavery looks down and smiles on me! Bloody rare but there ya go! :pray
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
stephen.cal87
Posts: 72
Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by stephen.cal87 »

mdm wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
mdm wrote:First time in 18 years I'll not be doing the Xmas rush! I'll not miss it, good luck guys :whistle
Yeah, I'll feel a bit guilty watching my postie out at 15:00 to be honest. When you've left RM's delivery the staff you see are no longer just people in the street are they? You have an affinity with them.
Absolutely agree with that! I understand now when people used to say to me, I feel sorry for you, I get the same feelings now! One poor bugger on my street was doing his delivery with a trolley and two full bags on it at 3.30 the other day! I know my street is a cut-off one on that particular walk and he confirmed it! In my ex office, walks are still too big!! :roll:
Still out at 3.30 is nothing, my last house at the minute is usually 4.30 on an average day. God knows what time I'll finish running up to christmas. Glad we get 3 day break this year but it's still rubbish.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

It may be rubbish but some of us were alive when they stopped Christmas Day deliveries.

The General Post Office stopped delivering letters on Christmas Day in 1960 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and in 1965 in Scotland.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Tuesday 27 Dec 2016

Post by bustedflush »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It may be rubbish but some of us were alive when they stopped Christmas Day deliveries.

The General Post Office stopped delivering letters on Christmas Day in 1960 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and in 1965 in Scotland.
Ah, but they didn't get lapsing... :Very Happy