ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Flexible benefits - technology

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Gasman11 »

Anyone looked into this in any great detail? Had a quick look on the Let's Connect website but not a great deal of useful info there (or not obvious anyway). Is this more cost effective than getting a laptop from the High St then, the letter from Royal Mail suggested items from Let's Connect are discounted but suppose it depends how much their 'normal' prices are in comparison to the likes of Currys etc.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by WOBBLY »

Can't even get on the page to see the costing! Gets to the Hapi Benefits page and freezes!
Smir
Posts: 124
Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Smir »

They don't seem like discounted products at all, just save abit on tax and NI,

It never works, but apparently 1600 orders since it launched? Seems like bullshit
Zade77
Posts: 29
Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 17:49
Gender: Male
Location: East Sussex

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Zade77 »

For anyone who can't get on the site, here is the PDF with prices/info about the scheme..

I ordered the Ipad Pro 9.7 128GB WiFi it comes with 2 years accidental damage and a protective case, net cost over period is £653.52. If i got same deal from Apple without the case on 2 year finance it would cost £838.64. Even if i paid for it there and then would still be £728. So i would say you save a good chunk..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smoothie262
Posts: 19
Joined: 05 Nov 2014, 05:11
Gender: Female

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by smoothie262 »

I also ordered the iPad 12.9". Have you had a delivery confirmation ?
Cobblers_3
Posts: 26
Joined: 27 Apr 2013, 13:31
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Cobblers_3 »

Does anyone know what network the phones are on with the bundle deal?
CAMPINGBLUNDERER
Posts: 182
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 14:37
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by CAMPINGBLUNDERER »

Pretty sure they are unlocked to any network same as if you bought it from the Apple Store
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by ewancurze »

Zade77 wrote:For anyone who can't get on the site, here is the PDF with prices/info about the scheme..

I ordered the Ipad Pro 9.7 128GB WiFi it comes with 2 years accidental damage and a protective case, net cost over period is £653.52. If i got same deal from Apple without the case on 2 year finance it would cost £838.64. Even if i paid for it there and then would still be £728. So i would say you save a good chunk..
Thanks for that! I have been trying to access the site since Monday with no luck.Do you have a PDF link for the Phones at all?
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Whoever approved the website design for the "Technology" section needs shooting...

Added a random laptop to my basket, so I could look at the accessories that cannot be ordered alone.
After browsing, I clicked "edit," hoping to remove the laptop from my basket, but I couldn't! :shock:
I ended up taking a chance on clicking the "confirm" button, which then gives an option to cancel the order. :crazy:

A very quick look at the Garmin products suggests I can buy the products cheaper from Amazon, despite the salary sacrifice savings and then adding the final ownership payment.

From window browsing the deals so far, savings through this scheme are minimal at best (at worst, some things cost more through the scheme), compared to shopping around and looking at deals using Quidco or Topcashback sites. The only significant advantage for some is that you get to split the cost of the products over 24 months.

I initially had problems getting onto the scheme section, earlier in the week, things would grind to a halt in the secured mini-window that appeared. What solved things for me was to select "log out" in that mini-window, close the window and then try again later.
Smir
Posts: 124
Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Smir »

Zade77 wrote:For anyone who can't get on the site, here is the PDF with prices/info about the scheme..

I ordered the Ipad Pro 9.7 128GB WiFi it comes with 2 years accidental damage and a protective case, net cost over period is £653.52. If i got same deal from Apple without the case on 2 year finance it would cost £838.64. Even if i paid for it there and then would still be £728. So i would say you save a good chunk..
But you have to pay the tax if you want to keep it after 24 months... which I guess you do..?
Zade77
Posts: 29
Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 17:49
Gender: Male
Location: East Sussex

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Zade77 »

smoothie262 wrote:I also ordered the iPad 12.9". Have you had a delivery confirmation ?
No delivery confirmation yet, order still says pending..
Zade77
Posts: 29
Joined: 29 Oct 2013, 17:49
Gender: Male
Location: East Sussex

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Zade77 »

Smir wrote:
Zade77 wrote:For anyone who can't get on the site, here is the PDF with prices/info about the scheme..

I ordered the Ipad Pro 9.7 128GB WiFi it comes with 2 years accidental damage and a protective case, net cost over period is £653.52. If i got same deal from Apple without the case on 2 year finance it would cost £838.64. Even if i paid for it there and then would still be £728. So i would say you save a good chunk..
But you have to pay the tax if you want to keep it after 24 months... which I guess you do..?
Pretty sure you won't have to pay the tax, otherwise what's the point... I'm assuming it is the same as the cycle 2 work where you pay a small amount to keep the items at the end of the period.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I believe you pay the tax on the value of the item as at the end of the payment period.

However for information people need to be aware the Government are looking at changing the rules on Salary Sacrifice schemes http://www2.cipd.co.uk/pm/peoplemanagem ... hemes.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by Creditshampoo »

How the hell can they advertise the prices as the amount of tax saved when you pay tax at the end to keep the device?! Of course you're gunna wanna keep it when you've paid alot of money over 2 years!!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Flexible benefits - technology

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Creditshampoo wrote:How the hell can they advertise the prices as the amount of tax saved when you pay tax at the end to keep the device?! Of course you're gunna wanna keep it when you've paid alot of money over 2 years!!

because, if I am correct and to be honest I am not certain, the tax is paid on the Value of the item at the end of the payment period, not when its brand new.

Eg. Item is £1000 now so you save tax on that £1000 over the 2 years you are paying it. (so for ease £200 saved)

At the end its value will have dropped say to £200 then tax on that would be £40

a saving of £160.


BUT TO REITERATE I MAY BE WILDLY OUT WITH TAX IMPLICATIONS AND THE FACTS. CHECK CAREFULLY YOURSELF THAT YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TAX AND PAYMENT IMPLICATIONS.

There are various avenues to get your questions answered directly already within the MY Bundle web pages, some are specific. Use them if unsure.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.