ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
WHY ?
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
Has my customer put this block of wood in his mail box,he has metal gates always closed,so can only use this box,had to leave a book and magazine at local post office Friday for him to collect anything over 5mm in thickness wont go in,madness why the hell has this block of wood been put in,shame door to doors still fit in lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
He could have been having problems with mail theft. Its so easy to stick your fingers in and fish out mail. I delivered to a block of flats where about a quarter of the pidgeon holes had a deliberately narrowed slot. If I lived in a situation where I had to have mail delivered to a point with communial or public access I would do the same. You can never be too careful wih your identity. I've lost count of the number of times I've been told by people they have had their mail stolen. One block I delivered to had posted post stolen from their external pidgoen holes so frequently, they rearranged with royal mail to get it delivered to every door in the block. They called the police, put up CCTV images of the thief, everything.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
There is a section on your stickers to endorse mail as " Address Inaccessable". I'd be inclined to return any mail that wouldn't fit. after a few "Very Important" large letters get returned I expect he'll come out for a chat! 
Just Bad Manners really. What's so hard about having a chat with you about what he intends to do? I'm sure most customers think their Mail's delivered by the "Mail Fairy" who just happens to be a bloody mind reader!
Just Bad Manners really. What's so hard about having a chat with you about what he intends to do? I'm sure most customers think their Mail's delivered by the "Mail Fairy" who just happens to be a bloody mind reader!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
WHY ?
That's what I would do owt that didn't fit,back to the office 739'd.Dorset Plodder wrote:There is a section on your stickers to endorse mail as " Address Inaccessable". I'd be inclined to return any mail that wouldn't fit. after a few "Very Important" large letters get returned I expect he'll come out for a chat!
Just Bad Manners really. What's so hard about having a chat with you about what he intends to do? I'm sure most customers think their Mail's delivered by the "Mail Fairy" who just happens to be a bloody mind reader!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
It's not our place to return the mail as "inaccessible". Inaccessible means exactly that, the delivery point is inaccessible. It doesn't mean the item doesn't fit through a letterbox or in this case in a box. The mail should be handed to management who should contact the owner to make arrangements for delivery.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Chewster
- Posts: 527
- Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
A lot of people are funny about how they receive their mail. When the exam results were coming out, they wouldn't fit through a lot of letterboxes (do not bend and sooo many people don't have letterboxes that fit A4 envelopes!), particularly silly little wall mounted letterboxes. Wouldn't fit through in one ladies wall mounted letterbox so I put it through the letterbox on her door (why have both??) and she immediately came storming out to have a moan! I explained to her that the item wouldn't fit in her wall mounted box, she still moaned at her until her daughter came out obviously desperate to see her exam results and gave the mother a well deserved telling off. I couldn't believe the gall of the women to complain, if there was nobody in then her daughter would have had to have waited till the next day to get her exam results if I'd followed the mother's wishes, all because she (like so very many people) have some sort of superiority complex regarding a bloody wall mounted letterbox
-
Anonymouse
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 174
- Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 22:20
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
A person on my round took a huff when my partner complained about thier cat scratching their hand through the letterbox. They eventually put up a box but it was one of the A5 size ones. Think they done it on purpose.Jpro747 wrote:Theres a few wall mounted ones which are A5 size, Poinless! And they're the sort of people that get packets everyday
They're rarely in nowadays so they have to make daily journeys to the office for their magazines and tiny amazon packets
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
Years ago I remember a customer asking me about wall mounted boxes because their mother was going a bit senile and they wanted to filter all the charity begging letters out of her post before she saw them and gave them all their money. So I told them that the best kind where large ones that loaded from the top, and they went out and bought a small one that loaded from the front!Jpro747 wrote:Theres a few wall mounted ones which are A5 size, Poinless! And they're the sort of people that get packets everyday
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
Anyone else got sick of these? I have even had to P739 those lovefilm dvds before now, plus countless small catalogues. Why invent such a silly thing? Even a thin wage slip has to be folded right up to get it in the tiny slot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3725
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
WHY ?
On purpose I don't go into detail of what item is waiting at the DO/PO for them, I just tick the 'Other' 'Letter' boxes on the 739 so that they have a fantastic journeywannabeek wrote: Anyone else got sick of these? I have even had to P739 those lovefilm dvds before now, plus countless small catalogues. Why invent such a silly thing? Even a thin wage slip has to be folded right up to get it in the tiny slot.
down to the DO just to pick up a Screwfix catalogue (if they looked in the bleedin' catalogue they'd see they could buy a bigger box!).