ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D trial , article in voice
-
cstf
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 19:16
D2D trial , article in voice
Can't believe what I'm reading in the voice , possibly changing the d2d specification to 3 days Wednesday ,Thursday and Friday to cut down on cold calling ( going to doors that have no mail ) Now correct me if I'm wrong but did the union not agree the last d2d deal on them going into workload as to mitigate the drop in mail volumes , so if this go's ahead the so called lighter days will be even more lighter and the heavy days even more heavy , I can only see problems ahead with even more lapsing on the lighter days and possibly cutting hours and workload issues at the other end of the week , I really I'm beginning to think that the Cwu hierarchy and Royal Mail management are cut from the same cloth.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
D2D trial , article in voice
And what will happen on the Monday Tuesday and Saturday more lapsing I guess or other things.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
Plus what about the weight issues with 6 days moved to 3 days so double D2D's
Plus double prep time on busier days
Plus double prep time on busier days
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
Even worse if it those annoying bulky D2Ds which have a coaster a pen and a diary in them... Bad enough just taking 1/6th of them a day, rather than 1/3rd!eastie wrote:Plus what about the weight issues with 6 days moved to 3 days so double D2D's
Plus double prep time on busier days
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
This has got to be a breach of h&s and no union or opg should agree to it.where in any bags is this not going to exceed maximum weights for each bag that are already ignored
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
I feel for you lot, I really do! I got out in May this year and haven't looked back since! I heard about my old office and it's still struggling and Xmas is around the corner, some things never change! 
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
It's already starting next week or week after I thought
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
the cwu are not in the real world with the delivery side , get them to do a few weeks in delivery then come up with these ideas , as we have more than enough work mon - sat even without d2ds , so if you have to clear them in 3 days with 2 frames of double slots I'm afraid it will be going back. 
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
Just in time for Christmas?Creditshampoo wrote:It's already starting next week or week after I thought
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
Isn't it why they cut our hrs down to the bone on a Tuesday, coz there's less mail. I can't get done on time on a Tues now with or without d2d. Monday is busier than sat anyway, and Tues gets the sd and more packets. Why do they have to mess with stuff. Lots of posties moderate it themselves anyway, only taking where they're going on the 'lighter' days. Maybe we shouldn't take packets to houses that have no mail as well. Crazy idea, as if we don't have enough to do on wicked Wednesdays and turbulent Thursdays. People, CWU or managers really have no idea what we do on a daily basis. How many managers are still in the office when most of us get done? They all should experience a FULL week on delivery at least once a yr, to keep in touch with reality.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3220
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
D2Ds is either real mail equal to addressed or it isn't
Royal Mail need to make their minds up
Royal Mail need to make their minds up
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
D2D trial , article in voice
Yes, but more and more part timers working Wednesday to Saturday, and less full timers, will solve quiet Monday and Tuesdays.rambo1 wrote:Isn't it why they cut our hrs down to the bone on a Tuesday, coz there's less mail. I can't get done on time on a Tues now with or without d2d. Monday is busier than sat anyway, and Tues gets the sd and more packets. Why do they have to mess with stuff. Lots of posties moderate it themselves anyway, only taking where they're going on the 'lighter' days. Maybe we shouldn't take packets to houses that have no mail as well. Crazy idea, as if we don't have enough to do on wicked Wednesdays and turbulent Thursdays. People, CWU or managers really have no idea what we do on a daily basis. How many managers are still in the office when most of us get done? They all should experience a FULL week on delivery at least once a yr, to keep in touch with reality.
-
PHARRY
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 327
- Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
The union should be trying to stop D2Ds all together rather than increasing it bloody idiots
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
Weren't there a load of depots in the south-west trying various D2D strategies in the last 12 months? Such as...
100% D2D prep Monday, take where going with other mail Mon-Fri, Sat "mops up"
20% preped and delivered Mon, other 80% preped Tues (taken with other mail Tues-Fri, "mop up" Sat)
1/6th preped and delivered each day, regardless of any other mail for address
etc.
100% D2D prep Monday, take where going with other mail Mon-Fri, Sat "mops up"
20% preped and delivered Mon, other 80% preped Tues (taken with other mail Tues-Fri, "mop up" Sat)
1/6th preped and delivered each day, regardless of any other mail for address
etc.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
D2D trial , article in voice
All I can think is there's some Delivery Offices that have a lot easier ride than mine. There's still over a thousand of them so there's bound to be a lot of differences.
I personally manage to finish on time on Tues & Sat (that includes Meal Relief). The rest of the week I'm claiming overtime between 15mins to 1 Hour 30 Mins. I'll prep households IF I get back early Sat, or else I'll prep in the morning (before I start throwing off, IN THE COMPANY'S TIME). If it's practicable I'll throw them all off (some weeks we may only get one "Envelope" type household). Otherwise I'll prep 1/5th a day, take it were I'm going and clean up on a Fri.
I try not to get too wound up about all these new ideas. I'll wait and see what turns up because TBH I believe most of it is BS. Unless of course it'd work in your Delivery Office because you haven't got enough work?
I personally manage to finish on time on Tues & Sat (that includes Meal Relief). The rest of the week I'm claiming overtime between 15mins to 1 Hour 30 Mins. I'll prep households IF I get back early Sat, or else I'll prep in the morning (before I start throwing off, IN THE COMPANY'S TIME). If it's practicable I'll throw them all off (some weeks we may only get one "Envelope" type household). Otherwise I'll prep 1/5th a day, take it were I'm going and clean up on a Fri.
I try not to get too wound up about all these new ideas. I'll wait and see what turns up because TBH I believe most of it is BS. Unless of course it'd work in your Delivery Office because you haven't got enough work?
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 31 Oct 2016, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)