Hello, I've just finished my first week working 5 days on a 24 hour permanent contract. My payslip for the first week only shows 18 hours, and my DOM does not know why I've been paid 6 hours short and said to contact the main pay office.
Can anyone let me have a direct number regarding pay issues?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
The numbers are on the reverse of the payslip, however did you work all 5 days including the induction.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
drewie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 07:25
- Gender: Male
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I worked all 5 days. The payslip gives contact numbers, but nothing specific for pay inquiries. I think the Dom is uncertain because it is not an overtime issue. I suppose I can try emailing the recruitment office. A woman started the same day as me on Tuesday, and she was paid 19 hours for 5 days. Perhaps they pay less hours for the induction day?
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
No you should have been paid the full rate for the induction. Its a payroll mistake. Contact the number on the payslip. There is a royal mail employee pay enquiry option once you call.
-
drewie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 03 Sep 2016, 07:25
- Gender: Male
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
Thanks. I will try calling on Monday 
-
Sunflower14
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
- Gender: Female
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
I thought the induction is paid in the 2nd week as overtime? I start next week with induction on Tuesday.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
You should be paid from your start date in the first week, the start date will be on the contract which it seems HR are slow in sending out!
The Induction Day will probably be longer than your contracted hours, and it is those extra hours that will be paid the following week as overtime. I started on a 30 hours (5 days x6hrs) contract on a Tuesday and was paid for all 5 days that week, I then got 2 hours overtime for the 8 hour Induction Day paid the following week.
The Induction Day will probably be longer than your contracted hours, and it is those extra hours that will be paid the following week as overtime. I started on a 30 hours (5 days x6hrs) contract on a Tuesday and was paid for all 5 days that week, I then got 2 hours overtime for the 8 hour Induction Day paid the following week.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Sunflower14
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
- Gender: Female
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
Thank you for your reply. So I should be expected to be paid my full 27.5 hours this week, including my induction day? Just wondering, do you think there will be much scope for overtime over the Run up to Xmas? I would offer to work my days off as well, if that's allowed as need the money.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
Yes, but the important word with anything at Royal Mail is always "should". Assuming your 27.5 contracted hours are over 5 days and you work at your DO Wed-Sat then it should happen - but as you already know with waiting for the actual contract, there is no guarantee that everything will be set up - let alone correct.
The amount of overtime will depend on the circumstances at the DO, but based on my experience it will almost certainly be available. The DO I work at hasn't employed any extra staff over Christmas in my time there, so it is down to the posties to get things done. But be sure to pace yourself as a new starter and don't do too much too soon - my experience is that newbies feel they have to do overtime to make an impression, and managers will take advantage of that!
The amount of overtime will depend on the circumstances at the DO, but based on my experience it will almost certainly be available. The DO I work at hasn't employed any extra staff over Christmas in my time there, so it is down to the posties to get things done. But be sure to pace yourself as a new starter and don't do too much too soon - my experience is that newbies feel they have to do overtime to make an impression, and managers will take advantage of that!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Sunflower14
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
- Gender: Female
Pay Slip Query - Who to contact?
Aaah right yes, I still don't have my contract. Really do hope there is overtime, but not to please managers. That's not me at all. I left behind a lot of arse lickers in the NHS, that talked the talk to the managers but did no work :D