ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pay in lieu of annual leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
postie12345
Posts: 10
Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 16:55
Gender: Male

Pay in lieu of annual leave

Post by postie12345 »

Hi all,

Last Friday was my last day at RM.

Just received my payslip today which includes last week's overtime and pay in lieu of annual leave.

The pay in lieu is for 6.5 days of outstanding (unbooked) annual leave.

I had a week booked next month and a few days in Feb/Mar next year. Should I have been paid for those also or not?

Thanks
Rumple
Posts: 429
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
Gender: Male

Pay in lieu of annual leave

Post by Rumple »

postie12345 wrote:Hi all,

Last Friday was my last day at RM.

Just received my payslip today which includes last week's overtime and pay in lieu of annual leave.

The pay in lieu is for 6.5 days of outstanding (unbooked) annual leave.

I had a week booked next month and a few days in Feb/Mar next year. Should I have been paid for those also or not?

Thanks
The weeks you have booked you probably haven't accrued enough holiday days yet to be paid them. If you get my drift.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Pay in lieu of annual leave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

postie12345 wrote:Hi all,

Last Friday was my last day at RM.

Just received my payslip today which includes last week's overtime and pay in lieu of annual leave.

The pay in lieu is for 6.5 days of outstanding (unbooked) annual leave.

I had a week booked next month and a few days in Feb/Mar next year. Should I have been paid for those also or not?

Thanks

April to October is 6 months which means you are only entitled to roughly 50% of the annual leave entitlement.

If you are due 6 weeks in a year, then Royal Mail only owe you 3 less any taken already.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.