Sorry if asked many times before. Admin please feel free to merge thread if that's the case.
Whats the Craic with the Purchase of Additional Annual Leave. POAL. The window to apply opened last Monday 3/10 and I asked my Linno to get me the forms.
Our office however closes the book on 2017/ 18 leave on Friday. I ve booked my four weeks I am currently entitled to. but when I purchase an additional two weeks
When will I be able to book them???? Take it , it will be from April 2017 forward. But if the booking system is closed how can I do this?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Purchase of Additional Leave
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Purchase of Additional Leave
There is no forms, its all done on the PSP system. Once finalised your extra leave will be available from Apr 2017. Get on the DOMs case, takes all of a few minutes for them to set it up. (I find hassling them is the only way to get something done!!) When they have set it up ring HR when you get home just to confirm they have ;)magicw wrote:Sorry if asked many times before. Admin please feel free to merge thread if that's the case.
Whats the Craic with the Purchase of Additional Annual Leave. POAL. The window to apply opened last Monday 3/10 and I asked my Linno to get me the forms.
Our office however closes the book on 2017/ 18 leave on Friday. I ve booked my four weeks I am currently entitled to. but when I purchase an additional two weeks
When will I be able to book them???? Take it , it will be from April 2017 forward. But if the booking system is closed how can I do this?
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Purchase of Additional Leave
Can it be denied or is it a guaranteed entitlement?
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Purchase of Additional Leave
I don't think its something they can deny.Pathfinder wrote:Can it be denied or is it a guaranteed entitlement?
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Purchase of Additional Leave
As far as I'm aware it's your entitlement to purchase up to the maximum of 6 weeks. It's well worth doing. It only costs me £6.71. Plus I also get back a credit for Bank Holiday Mondays as I work Wednesday to Saturday.Pathfinder wrote:Can it be denied or is it a guaranteed entitlement?
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Purchase of Additional Leave
Is that 6 weeks total per year?
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Purchase of Additional Leave
Yes, six weeks leave plus bank holidays proportional to how many days per week you work (for those who work 3 days or less, 4+ days get full entitlement) is the most anyone can have. So as your long service history increases, your POAL payments eventually reduce to nothing.stephen.cal87 wrote:Is that 6 weeks total per year?