ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Purchase of Additional Leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Purchase of Additional Leave

Post by magicw »

Sorry if asked many times before. Admin please feel free to merge thread if that's the case.

Whats the Craic with the Purchase of Additional Annual Leave. POAL. The window to apply opened last Monday 3/10 and I asked my Linno to get me the forms.
Our office however closes the book on 2017/ 18 leave on Friday. I ve booked my four weeks I am currently entitled to. but when I purchase an additional two weeks
When will I be able to book them???? Take it , it will be from April 2017 forward. But if the booking system is closed how can I do this?
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Purchase of Additional Leave

Post by WOBBLY »

magicw wrote:Sorry if asked many times before. Admin please feel free to merge thread if that's the case.

Whats the Craic with the Purchase of Additional Annual Leave. POAL. The window to apply opened last Monday 3/10 and I asked my Linno to get me the forms.
Our office however closes the book on 2017/ 18 leave on Friday. I ve booked my four weeks I am currently entitled to. but when I purchase an additional two weeks
When will I be able to book them???? Take it , it will be from April 2017 forward. But if the booking system is closed how can I do this?
There is no forms, its all done on the PSP system. Once finalised your extra leave will be available from Apr 2017. Get on the DOMs case, takes all of a few minutes for them to set it up. (I find hassling them is the only way to get something done!!) When they have set it up ring HR when you get home just to confirm they have ;)
Pathfinder
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 208
Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
Gender: Male

Purchase of Additional Leave

Post by Pathfinder »

Can it be denied or is it a guaranteed entitlement?
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Purchase of Additional Leave

Post by WOBBLY »

Pathfinder wrote:Can it be denied or is it a guaranteed entitlement?
I don't think its something they can deny.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Purchase of Additional Leave

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Pathfinder wrote:Can it be denied or is it a guaranteed entitlement?
As far as I'm aware it's your entitlement to purchase up to the maximum of 6 weeks. It's well worth doing. It only costs me £6.71. Plus I also get back a credit for Bank Holiday Mondays as I work Wednesday to Saturday.
stephen.cal87
Posts: 72
Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
Gender: Male

Purchase of Additional Leave

Post by stephen.cal87 »

Is that 6 weeks total per year?
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Purchase of Additional Leave

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

stephen.cal87 wrote:Is that 6 weeks total per year?
Yes, six weeks leave plus bank holidays proportional to how many days per week you work (for those who work 3 days or less, 4+ days get full entitlement) is the most anyone can have. So as your long service history increases, your POAL payments eventually reduce to nothing.