ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I got poo on my bag today.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by woopesh »

Can you machine wash royal mail satchels? Any tips on getting rid of poo stuck to the bag?
wazz
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 19:35
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by wazz »

Dump the poo bag in office.

Find another one in office. Am sure there's loads bags Layin around
loserx1
Posts: 15
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 08:45

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by loserx1 »

Baby wipes, I had the same problem last week
Daniel-san
Posts: 74
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 17:51
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by Daniel-san »

Bin it,
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by wannabeek »

wazz wrote:Dump the poo bag in office.

Find another one in office. Am sure there's loads bags Layin around
Bad advice. :no no
Daniel-san wrote:Bin it,
Good advice. :thumbup

I wouldn't personally ask a manager as they would definitely go with option 1.
wazz
Posts: 59
Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 19:35
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by wazz »

Wanabeek y is it bad advice ?
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by Newbie001 »

Some bags are really dirty and smelly. Can't be healthy. Never heard of any ever being washed.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by Mobey »

wazz wrote:Wanabeek y is it bad advice ?
Courtesy?
brentford
Posts: 35
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 15:02
Gender: Male
Location: new road stand brentford

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by brentford »

Just out of interest how did you manage that :cuppa
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4109
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by ted_e_bear »

brentford wrote:Just out of interest how did you manage that :cuppa
Easy, I've done it, you take your bag off and dump it on the floor to get a pkt etc and find that some thoughtless twat hasn't cleaned up after their dog !
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by doorstepped »

Bloke in our DO was sorting out his HCT and put the next bundle on the floor while sorting himself out.
he picked up the mail and started delivering and was aware of a dogbomb smell.
he got to the end of the bundle to see shyte all over his bare forearm.

needless to say, no one puts mail etc on the floor anymore ;)
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by wacko74 »

Got back to the van the other day to see a big dollop of brown mister whippy on the side of my bag... I was mighty relieved when I realised it was actually wet plaster from the doorway of pub being refurbished that I'd walked into earlier!
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by stan_lers »

I had a protein shake come open in my bag twice, I had to leave it to soak in a sink with washing powder for a whole day to get rid of the gone-off milk smell. You can wash them, probably not in a machine though.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by bustedflush »

I dunno - sh*t IN the bags and now sh*t ON the bags.... :sad:
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

I got poo on my bag today.

Post by Nondescript »

Get your lino to wipe it clean with his bare hands, s**t never sticks to those nonces.