ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Van Retention???
-
xtreme0964
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 13 Aug 2013, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
Good Afternoon all
I have just been informed by my manager a few weeks ago that anyone who lives further than an 8 mile radius is not allowed to take a van home?
I have been allowed for ages now but all of a sudden its stopped and im not sure if its just the manager we have who seems like he is against me (constantly messing me around with holidays etc) or if it is an actual rule?
A few friends in other offices have not been informed and take vans home still as they are outside the 8 mile zone
Thanks all
I have just been informed by my manager a few weeks ago that anyone who lives further than an 8 mile radius is not allowed to take a van home?
I have been allowed for ages now but all of a sudden its stopped and im not sure if its just the manager we have who seems like he is against me (constantly messing me around with holidays etc) or if it is an actual rule?
A few friends in other offices have not been informed and take vans home still as they are outside the 8 mile zone
Thanks all
-
Jefferson Starfish
- Posts: 905
- Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Female
- Location: Greendale DO
Van Retention???
Ours is coming to an end completely this week.
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Van Retention???
We got told this also, I got sick of them moving the goal posts and ended up buying a car. I couldn't risk them pulling the plug once I'd got to work and having no transport home.
Good luck !
Good luck !
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
Van Retention???
treat all the same you cant have one rule for one and a different rule for others they tried that at our place now we all got vans 
-
BigRed2277
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 06 May 2009, 14:39
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
From 28th November nobody will be allowed to take vans home from our office except 3 lads who have Grandfather Rights
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
No one has grandfather rights over van retention, what they may have if you've moved office is an agreement that these 3 individuals will be given transport to the new location, that can mean in practice giving them a van home each simply because it's easier to manage but in reality they could pull the plug on that deal and have them picked up by one van...assuming we still have vans with more than two seats lol.BigRed2277 wrote:From 28th November nobody will be allowed to take vans home from our office except 3 lads who have Grandfather Rights
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
lol, are these 3 lads in any way related/friends with the union rep/management?BigRed2277 wrote:From 28th November nobody will be allowed to take vans home from our office except 3 lads who have Grandfather Rights
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
norm wrote:lol, are these 3 lads in any way related/friends with the union rep/management?BigRed2277 wrote:From 28th November nobody will be allowed to take vans home from our office except 3 lads who have Grandfather Rights![]()
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
Is this happening nation wide? The vans in our yard are crammed in like sardines & that's even with half a dozen or more taking vans home, some get them home, some don't. Usually story of favouritism! If they stop vans going home they won't all fit into our yard.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
No vans home in our office, not now not never. 
-
buntin
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Van Retention???
they wont be able to do it at our office unless they find alternative parking , our yard is too small.
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Van Retention???
It seems very unjust to penalise those who have to travel the furthest for work.
I travel 15miles each way which takes over an hour a day.
If I used my car I would effectively be losing 6hrs a week and £1000 a year over my colleagues who live on the doorstep.
It should be one rule for all so either you can or can't use vans to commute.
Getting a transfer seems impossible unless your face fits.
I travel 15miles each way which takes over an hour a day.
If I used my car I would effectively be losing 6hrs a week and £1000 a year over my colleagues who live on the doorstep.
It should be one rule for all so either you can or can't use vans to commute.
Getting a transfer seems impossible unless your face fits.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Van Retention???
It may seem unjust but Van retention is not designed for the benefit of the employees, but the business.nickbsmooth wrote:It seems very unjust to penalise those who have to travel the furthest for work.
I travel 15miles each way which takes over an hour a day.
If I used my car I would effectively be losing 6hrs a week and £1000 a year over my colleagues who live on the doorstep.
It should be one rule for all so either you can or can't use vans to commute.
Getting a transfer seems impossible unless your face fits.
IIRC there has to be a business reason for Van Retention. There is a limit on the distance it can be from the office.
The agreement is available (unformatted) at
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =6&t=28616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.