I have my own round that I've signed for & my manager wants me to do a different round this coming Saturday as one of the covers said he will only do mine (it's a lot easier) because he doesn't want to do this other (longer) round.
Do I have to agree to this? Surely if I've signed for a round (had it since April) then that's my round. Why do I have to move?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being Asked to Change Rounds
-
devonshire_lass
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 15 Oct 2015, 15:35
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Being Asked to Change Rounds
No one has a round it is RMs rounds and your manager can move you whenever he likes as it's covered under "operational needs" bull!
That being said, if there is no reason that this cover guy cannot do the longer round other than he can't be bothered, then you can kick up a fuss and claim victimisation as it would seem like you were being singled out and he was receiving some kind of favouratism!
That being said, if there is no reason that this cover guy cannot do the longer round other than he can't be bothered, then you can kick up a fuss and claim victimisation as it would seem like you were being singled out and he was receiving some kind of favouratism!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
One of my colleagues asked me to swap walks today as he didnt know the walk he was on. Well yeah he DOES know the walk as I have had to clean up the mess he left behind on it last time. He just thought my walk had less mail today.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
ALL ROUNDS ARE THE SAME!! ASK YOUR DIM!devonshire_lass wrote:I have my own round that I've signed for & my manager wants me to do a different round this coming Saturday as one of the covers said he will only do mine (it's a lot easier) because he doesn't want to do this other (longer) round.
Do I have to agree to this? Surely if I've signed for a round (had it since April) then that's my round. Why do I have to move?
-
shayanboon
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 26 Feb 2012, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
My " partner" is trying to get me off my round as they don't like me anymore 
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
Keep a diary of your partners behaviour, dates,times, witnesses, just in case.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
Royal Mail management handbook :-bustedflush wrote:ALL ROUNDS ARE THE SAME!! ASK YOUR DIM!devonshire_lass wrote:I have my own round that I've signed for & my manager wants me to do a different round this coming Saturday as one of the covers said he will only do mine (it's a lot easier) because he doesn't want to do this other (longer) round.
Do I have to agree to this? Surely if I've signed for a round (had it since April) then that's my round. Why do I have to move?![]()
1. All the rounds are equal.
2. If any of the rounds seem unequal, then see rule 1.
3. If a member of staff shows that the rounds are unequal, agree that this seems to be the case and then see rule 1.
4. If a member of staff shows how the rounds could be made more equal, agree that this seems like a good idea and then see rule 1.
5. If the rounds actually are unequal, then they can be made more equal by fiddling with indoor workload pattern and/or office layout. Then see rule 1.
6. If you've got this far, then they can be made more equal by moving everyone to a later start time. Then see rule 1.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Being Asked to Change Rounds
7. If you think one of your staff is correct. Then stop immediately and report yourself to senior management. Thinking for yourself is not corporately welcome, and you will be re-educated.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
"1. All the rounds are equal", BUT SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS. 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
Tell them to grow up and give them 10p to go buy a personality.shayanboon wrote:My " partner" is trying to get me off my round as they don't like me anymore
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Being Asked to Change Rounds
You can not refuse to work so how can the RDC refuse to do whatever walks need covering. I know some posties will only do their walk on O/T and the manager will move the RDC which is out of order but it happens.devonshire_lass wrote:I have my own round that I've signed for & my manager wants me to do a different round this coming Saturday as one of the covers said he will only do mine (it's a lot easier) because he doesn't want to do this other (longer) round.
Do I have to agree to this? Surely if I've signed for a round (had it since April) then that's my round. Why do I have to move?