Hi guys
I have an interview next week for a Postman and just have a few questions.
I cant locate the job description anymore and cant remember the days of work. Im pretty sure it said Monday-Sat with one day off in the week, covering 5hrs per day (08.30am-14.30pm). Is it a 5 day job?
What sort of questions will I be asked at interview? Im more used to office jobs and the interviews accustomed to those sorts of jobs!
To be honest after reading some of the comments on this site, im thinking of possibly not going to the interview - comments on bullying and harassment in depots, extras hours etc has kinda put me off!
Thanks in advance for your help!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Have an interview - questions
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Have an interview - questions
Its normally 5 days work over 6 days, but some offices work different systems.
Usual questions are ones dealing with working individually and as a Team member, also problem-solving and working to a tight deadline and them wanting examples of each.
Ignore the bullying question, you might have a decent boss I do, I am not bullied and never go over my hours.
Usual questions are ones dealing with working individually and as a Team member, also problem-solving and working to a tight deadline and them wanting examples of each.
Ignore the bullying question, you might have a decent boss I do, I am not bullied and never go over my hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
Have an interview - questions
get a job in macdonalds 
-
thekaratekid
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 09:25
- Gender: Male
Have an interview - questions
Thanks for your response!!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its normally 5 days work over 6 days, but some offices work different systems.
Usual questions are ones dealing with working individually and as a Team member, also problem-solving and working to a tight dealing and them wanting examples of each.
Ignore the bullying question, you might have a decent boss I do, I am not bullied and never go over my hours.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Have an interview - questions
I got asked questions about:
1) physical stamina (when did you last do something that is physically strenous?)... basically you love physical exercise, you jog, go hiking, play football whatever.
2) commitment to overtime... basically you love overtime and you will finish your round no matter what.
3) vehicle checks. http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Drivers%20Manua%20(Reprint%2008%20final" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).pdf
1) physical stamina (when did you last do something that is physically strenous?)... basically you love physical exercise, you jog, go hiking, play football whatever.
2) commitment to overtime... basically you love overtime and you will finish your round no matter what.
3) vehicle checks. http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/Drivers%20Manua%20(Reprint%2008%20final" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).pdf
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Have an interview - questions
Don't assume your interviewer has read anything on your CV apart from your name. I was handed a piece of paper and asked to mark what I thought I should check on a weekly van check - it was all I could do not to burst out laughing. My CV stated previous employment as '24 years as a vehicle mechanic, the last 18 years including MOT testing'
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Have an interview - questions
Must have been a shock seeing some of the vans In this organisation then. Bet you're still not allowed to change a wheel without being "trained".....to call,the RAC.Darwinsdad wrote:Don't assume your interviewer has read anything on your CV apart from your name. I was handed a piece of paper and asked to mark what I thought I should check on a weekly van check - it was all I could do not to burst out laughing. My CV stated previous employment as '24 years as a vehicle mechanic, the last 18 years including MOT testing'
-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
Have an interview - questions
Lips and tongue are about half the size they were due to constantly biting them and head has a flat spot where I keep banging it against a wall. It's frustrating reporting a fault, nothing happening then refusing to drive vehicle (linos don't seem to register that them saying "it'll be alright" won't stand up in court if required)rubberbond wrote:Must have been a shock seeing some of the vans In this organisation then. Bet you're still not allowed to change a wheel without being "trained".....to call,the RAC.Darwinsdad wrote:Don't assume your interviewer has read anything on your CV apart from your name. I was handed a piece of paper and asked to mark what I thought I should check on a weekly van check - it was all I could do not to burst out laughing. My CV stated previous employment as '24 years as a vehicle mechanic, the last 18 years including MOT testing'