ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
resignation
-
gerrywhalen
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 06 Oct 2009, 18:35
- Gender: Male
resignation
does anyone know how many weeks notice you have to give when leaving the company thanks
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
resignation
Unless you're contract says different. 1 week.
-
postie12345
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 02 Sep 2014, 16:55
- Gender: Male
resignation
It's one week. Just done it myself.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
resignation
I expect you'll take great delight in marching into the DOMs office and giving in that notice GW? If you really don't like him you could just not bother turning up and when he rings you tell him to stuff it! 
I believe they still have to pay you for hours worked and outstanding holiday. It's just if you give the notice it all gets wrapped up ready for the appropriate leaving date..... or so they say!
I expect they'd say something like "You walked off the job so you're not getting paid". Better safe than sorry.
Try asking your DOM how much notice you have to give. I expect you'll see a strange look on his face, followed by a lot of questions!
I believe they still have to pay you for hours worked and outstanding holiday. It's just if you give the notice it all gets wrapped up ready for the appropriate leaving date..... or so they say!
Try asking your DOM how much notice you have to give. I expect you'll see a strange look on his face, followed by a lot of questions!
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 22 Oct 2016, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
ratchet
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
- Gender: Male
- Location: Buggered off to France
resignation
Good for you, I suspect that you wont be alone.postie12345 wrote:It's one week. Just done it myself.
Last edited by ratchet on 22 Oct 2016, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer a number :-)
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
resignation
Know lots of postman who have sold their shares despite financial hit. Wonder if we'll get a load of resignations coming up to Christmas.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
resignation
You bet lots are leaving I predict about 10% may go before Christmas not all will be resignations though most will be IHR and taking retirement early but a shortfall of trained staff there will be on delivery!Newbie001 wrote:Know lots of postman who have sold their shares despite financial hit. Wonder if we'll get a load of resignations coming up to Christmas.