ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Walk Speed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pompey Boy
Posts: 428
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 22:30
Gender: Male

Walk Speed

Post by Pompey Boy »

Other than the callers office, we are now all at the new Portsmouth/Cosham MPU :sad:

There are quite a few new faces there, like people from the old Cosham office. One question that has cropped up with the newies is how long will it take to get up to speed, how long should a bag take, how long will it be before I'm not knackered after a walk etc etc (more than one question!). I've been doing the job for so long that I can't really remember how quick/slow I was when I started - sure I've got slower over the years and the onset of age doesn't help with aches and pains. The hybrid guys seem to be suffering too, with very heavy collections. Under alot of pressure to make the new MPU work too.One guy reckoned that his van was overweight on Monday (no relief collections now). :crazy:

Be interested to know people's thoughts.
How much worse can it get? A LOT F****** WORSE !!!