ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Changing your working hours over xmas
-
ROSSCO
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
We have been told today that we wont be getting a hire van for our holiday relief to do packets this yr at xmas.
They will have to come in at 2pm-10pm when our p-t rural will be back with a van.
Can they change there current hours from 7am-3pm to the new times for xmas?
They will have to come in at 2pm-10pm when our p-t rural will be back with a van.
Can they change there current hours from 7am-3pm to the new times for xmas?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
Yep. I forget exactly how much notice they have to give. It's a few weeks so it would be right to be told about now.
This happens to several of the reserves every year at our place. There's no AL to cover at xmas so many leave reserves have their hours changed to lates with duties being covering extra relief collections and parcel routes. I assumed that was normal everwhere, I'm not sure what else you'd do with the surplus leave reserves during Christmas.
This happens to several of the reserves every year at our place. There's no AL to cover at xmas so many leave reserves have their hours changed to lates with duties being covering extra relief collections and parcel routes. I assumed that was normal everwhere, I'm not sure what else you'd do with the surplus leave reserves during Christmas.
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Changing your working hours over xmas
The National Joint Scoping communication between Gary Burgess for Royal Mail and Mark Baulch for the CWU are only asking for volunteers. The Union does not support compulsion.
The reason why some people have volunteered is that it is based on a Monday to Friday duty for 4 weeks with and providing your scheduled to finished at 22:00 you receive a shift allowance of £44.31 per week.
However if you do not want to work late contact your area rep as it should not be done by compulsion.
The reason why some people have volunteered is that it is based on a Monday to Friday duty for 4 weeks with and providing your scheduled to finished at 22:00 you receive a shift allowance of £44.31 per week.
However if you do not want to work late contact your area rep as it should not be done by compulsion.
-
ROSSCO
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
Thanks Dingo.Thats really helpful and good to know the full picture.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
What happens if the vans aren't back by 2pm? Ours aren't on a normal day.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Changing your working hours over xmas
This "communication" would of been handy during yesterday's Si 
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
Do you have a copy of this agreement we could peruse please dingo?dingo wrote:The National Joint Scoping communication between Gary Burgess for Royal Mail and Mark Baulch for the CWU are only asking for volunteers. The Union does not support compulsion.
The reason why some people have volunteered is that it is based on a Monday to Friday duty for 4 weeks with and providing your scheduled to finished at 22:00 you receive a shift allowance of £44.31 per week.
However if you do not want to work late contact your area rep as it should not be done by compulsion.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
How do we go about being made up temporary FT in order to get the full bonus for xmas?
-
zipmeister
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 17:37
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
Xmas scoping exercise document
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Destiny
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 10:18
- Gender: Male
- Location: North
Changing your working hours over xmas
Nice one.zipmeister wrote:Xmas scoping exercise document
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
Indeed, cheers!Destiny wrote:Nice one.zipmeister wrote:Xmas scoping exercise document
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
This is voultary for Xmas.
Any major change in your contract they have to give you 90 days notice and they have not got 90 days left.
Any major change in your contract they have to give you 90 days notice and they have not got 90 days left.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Changing your working hours over xmas
That is very interesting. Thanks for sharing that document. I'll make sure that the new recruits stuffed into lates this year are aware that they are doing it voluntarily! It happens every year at our place and it's always a bum deal for the recently started staff.
I had to do it for the first two years, never knew I had a choice, in fact it was made clear at the time that I had no choice in the matter. The lying gits.
I had to do it for the first two years, never knew I had a choice, in fact it was made clear at the time that I had no choice in the matter. The lying gits.
-
Sunflower14
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 01 Oct 2016, 09:03
- Gender: Female
Changing your working hours over xmas
I start my new postie job in the next 2 weeks and having read the posts on here, there would be no chance that I could do a 2pm to 10pm as I'm a single parent and no one will be there for my youngest daughter. I can however do overtime and work on my day off.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Changing your working hours over xmas
Sunflower14 wrote:I start my new postie job in the next 2 weeks and having read the posts on here, there would be no chance that I could do a 2pm to 10pm as I'm a single parent and no one will be there for my youngest daughter. I can however do overtime and work on my day off.
Its unlikely they'll ask you as you need at least a little experience of delivery first, and a driving assessment before you can drive for RM. Thats unlikely to happen in the time left before Christmas and Black Friday (25 Nov) hit us.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.