ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wage query

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PBgirl
Posts: 38
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 12:10
Gender: Female

Wage query

Post by PBgirl »

I've only been with royal mail for seven weeks and only just wrote overtime down last week....its lucky i did as I've been underpaid....
Anyway my query is regarding the decimal point- last week i got 2.05 overtime
This week 8.40 however i worked 16 hrs and 5 mins so i was told .05 is 30 minutes can anyone enlighten me about the rest of the numbers.,
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Wage query

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Numbers after the decimal point are the number of minutes, so last week 2hrs5mins and this week 8hrs40mins.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Wage query

Post by Creditshampoo »

.05 is 5 minutes not 30
gazelle
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 18:26
Gender: Male

Wage query

Post by gazelle »

You would have been told 0.5 (not 0.05) was 30 minutes, since 0.5 is a half (half an hour) which equals 30 minutes. Although technically correct you should have wrote 2.30 cos that's how we roll here...or 2h30m.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Wage query

Post by NewPostieUK »

Yeah, that threw me when I started. It's not a decimal point, it's just a dot separating hours from minutes.
PBgirl
Posts: 38
Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 12:10
Gender: Female

Wage query

Post by PBgirl »

I do write the exact minutes...so that's why it threw me....
madmax1
Posts: 72
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
Gender: Male

Wage query

Post by madmax1 »

.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Wage query

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

madmax1 wrote:Apologies for barging in on this thread, but saves opening a new one!

I've gone over a year now at RM and haven't had the pay increase after 12 months (it went up at 6 months no problem). I thought it was automatic via payroll?
Told DOM a couple of weeks ago but no joy again in todays payslip.Does anyone know is there a number at payroll/HR I can ring and miss out the middle man?

Yes - turn over your pay slip there are various contact numbers on the back. :Very Happy I'd type it here, but mine hasn't come yet.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
madmax1
Posts: 72
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
Gender: Male

Wage query

Post by madmax1 »

.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Wage query

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

madmax1 wrote:
I wrote:Yes - turn over your pay slip there are various contact numbers on the back. :Very Happy I'd type it here, but mine hasn't come yet.
Cheers. Do HR deal with payroll stuff like this?
They should, but if not they should at least be able to point you in right direction. However, have you tried the bookroom staff (sometimes call DOM Support) they may have missed something and it will be easier to sort through them than HR.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
madmax1
Posts: 72
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
Gender: Male

Wage query

Post by madmax1 »

.
Last edited by madmax1 on 21 Dec 2016, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Wage query

Post by Chewster »

Try your DOM first. Neither my 6 month or 12 month wage increase went through (I wasn't even aware we got them :crazy: ) so I mentioned it to my dom, he told me to call up HR, who told me that my dom should be sorting it out! But I told them that he was about as much use as a fart in a divers suit so they processed it for me and I got a nice payslip the following Friday with about £600 back pay :nana